2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #81  
190992_10150426771475361_6311542_o_10150426771475361.jpg

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing
That's gold

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #83  
Ghetto blaster...No large cars here.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #84  
Who is going to pay for the infrastructure?
Simple answer, you are in the form of increased rates which are already happening down here in Michigan. DTE just imposed a 25% surcharge for using power during peak load times. My wife really curtails power during the day and now does her washing and drying after 8PM in the evening. Same with the AC, We dial it way back during the day and reset it after 8PM. Nice to have a setback T'stat.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #85  
Really? Maybe not the original owner but, someone down the line will be faced with replacement and the subsequent cost.

Just like the T4 tractors and diesel engines being made today, sure, the emissions warranty is 5 years guaranteed replacement but what happens after the 5 year replacement period when subsequent owners are saddled with a huge replacement cost?

That is the primary reason what Pre 4 tractors are bringing what they bring, used.

People aren't quite as stupid as the gummit thinks they are.

I realize we now live in a throwaway, load the landfill society but not everyone is flush today.

Main reason why there will NEVER be a toaster car here. That and how fragile the grid really is though no one talks about that.

This remewable bs is just that. Renewables will never be able to assume base load capability no matter what the 'greenies' think. When the sun don't shine or the wind don't blow, renewables produce no power and just become expensive rocks.
Exactly. They are going after internal combustion like extremists, in the name of saving the environment, but we are sending 4 times as much crap from these new technologies to the landfills. And don't give me the "we recycle it all BS"

I live in the middle of an area that is BOOMING with mining right now. There are minimum 8 major mines in a 5 hour circle of me. Anyone that is unemployed here just doesn't want to work. But anyway, it was on the news (Ya I know, I already got called out on this forum for saying something I heard on the news, LOL)....anyway, a couple northern town here have had to turn away major industries because they said the towns don't have the power grid to support them and they are barley adequate for the houses they have now.
So how do they expect everyone to switch to electric cars and electric heat in their homes??

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #87  
Tall yes, rotund, no. Have a heck of a time getting into and out of my Focus RS but I will say, once in, the Recaro bucket seats are very comfortable.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #88  
I could be wrong but believe he is in another country and English is his second language. With 55 56 replies, he must be doing something right. I'm not sure that I've gotten that many in the 18 years I've been here! :D
Either that or smoked himself up some killer weed.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing #89  
Here in rural southern Alberta the grid could handle a moderate amount of EV's. In the cities not without huge grid upgrades. Who is going to pay for the infrastructure? How are we gong to cheaply generate enough power to make EV's a viable alternative.

Another problem is they just aren't practical for rural people. A 150 mile range just doesn't cut it. And yes you could plug the EV in and recharge but it's not practical till stores have rows of electrical plugs in parking lots for recharging. Again that's not going to happen in the near future.

I've thought about it for my own local use but would still need an ice for longer distances.

I really don't think that EV's are about saving the planet.
Maybe they can build parking spaces that wirelessly charge a EV when you park in them.
Taxpayer subsidized, of course.

/ 2 in the furture on friday would you buy an electric car maybe almost if its free sorta kinda thing
If the could make an AI enabled, fully green washed electric car NFT, the investors would go crazy