Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #592  
Geeze, guy. I mean, please try comprehending what I am actually having to deal with. You don’t. I do. So let’s get that straight.

Again, I am not overly concerned about farming over them when they are gone. Who really gives a flip about that?

I’m talking about farming around them when they are there.
Go to west Texas. There are tens of thousands of acres of farmland (wheat, cotton, corn, milo, sunflowers, hay) that have windmill installations throughout. This goes for a couple hundred miles from Amarillo to Lubbock and to the east as well. Farmers seem to have this figured out.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #593  
Go to west Texas. There are tens of thousands of acres of farmland (wheat, cotton, corn, milo, sunflowers, hay) that have windmill installations throughout. This goes for a couple hundred miles from Amarillo to Lubbock and to the east as well. Farmers seem to have this figured out.
West Texas farmers have a lot of experience farming around the “stumps” in the form of injection wells, well head, well pads, pump jacks, ”christmas trees”, tank batteries, Irrigation pivots, Etc, etc.

That doesn’t totally negate the tangible and intangible costs of doing so.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #594  
West Texas farmers have a lot of experience farming around the “stumps” in the form of injection wells, well head, well pads, pump jacks, ”christmas trees”, tank batteries, Irrigation pivots, Etc, etc.

That doesn’t totally negate the tangible and intangible costs of doing so.
True, but those “stumps” including windmills also provide substantial income to the farmers.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #595  
I was just there. They have figured it out.
It doesn’t mean it works everywhere.
And it still doesn’t mean there isn’t crop loss or time/money spent having to deal with them.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #596  
Research decommissioning and removal of a coal plant. Astronomical costs. Many become federal superfund sites because the operators file bankruptcy to avoid site clean up.
Maybe, maybe not. Most are being converted to NG which makes a great deal of sense considering we have so much of it compared to windmills and solar panels which require land acquisition, new infrastructure and a lot of foreign built parts. Then it doesn’t work if it’s dark (solar) or if there’s no wind (windmills).

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #597  
Research decommissioning and removal of a coal plant. Astronomical costs. Many become federal superfund sites because the operators file bankruptcy to avoid site clean up.
And guess whats going to happen with all these wind and solar companies. If you can even keep track of who has what lease. One of the smaller ones here has changed ownership names 3 times in as many years.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #598  
I just got another load of horse hay from a farmer I've known many years. If I repeated what he says about the infrastructure, windmills, electric cars/trucks/tractors, solar panels, etc. on this forum I'd be banned for life. His 100s of acre pastures would be ruined even with a few windmills. We're not talking about a subdivision life mowing around a bird bath. He doesn't get his information via the internet but real world experience.
Yeah, but he doesn’t have to mow around windmills If he doesn’t lease out his land. It’s his choice, so what is he complaining about?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #600  
And guess whats going to happen with all these wind and solar companies. If you can even keep track of who has what lease. One of the smaller ones here has changed ownership names 3 times in as many years.

Same story for oil and gas.
Ever been to Louisiana inter-coastal?

Thousands of abandoned wells and thousands of miles pipe laying on the bottom. Laws allow for the property to be transferred to new companies and reset the clock to removal. Others just go ‘bankrupt’ opening under a new name the next day. A real shame what oil and gas companies are allowed to get away with.

Don’t worry, your tax dollars are starting to plug them. (A tiny fraction)

Only coal plant I’ve personally followed that was decommissioned and destroyed along with adjacent strip mine has been a long, reclamation process, but is ongoing and backed by a substantial required bond. The work will either get finished by luminat or the bond will be called and that money will finish the reclaim. Ranch land for the most part on the reclaim. Old plant and lake is going to become a high end golf course, resort, neighborhood, private lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.