Infested with UTVs?

/ Infested with UTVs? #21  
Out trying to have a good time and end up in the hospital or dead.

/ Infested with UTVs? #22  
I think the fact that many new UTV are to big to be allowed on official ATV trails pushes them to ride other places.

/ Infested with UTVs? #23  
I had a problem with ATV's crossing my land and creating ruts which wash out. I added more no trespassing signs which reduced the problem to a manageable level.

They are not street legal where I live and law enforcement is quite effective at controlling the problem. Around here LEO's have the right to seize and resell confiscated ATV's & UTV's after the second offense.

/ Infested with UTVs? #24  
I think the fact that many new UTV are to big to be allowed on official ATV trails pushes them to ride other places.
I briefly had a honda 4x4 ATV to ride here on the farm, but even it was a pain to turn around on our trails so I sold it.

/ Infested with UTVs? #25  
Missouri legislature did this to us. Started out several years ago with ATVs. You could drive it on a public road if you were using it for Agricultural purposes. Then, in my recollection towns started allowing them for the same purposes. UTVs came along and the rules got more relaxed.

Now, here in NW Missouri, you can ride them anywhere, anytime. Doesn't even require a registration or any type of permit.

I've Jeeped in the Colorado mountains for 40 years. All of the popular areas are flooded with ATV/UTVs now. You have to get away from the popular areas to get any peace.

I have a LOT of farmer friends/neighbors that use their UTVs daily for the original intent, choring. They all respect and obey traffic laws. And around here, it's easy to tell the business UTVs from the recreational UTVs.

Not sure where this is headed.

Same here. We own both a side by side (Kubota) and a Honda Foreman 400 and both are used for 'choring' and I do take the Honda up north to our property to motor on but not like an idiot. Young guy down the road has a RZR and has one speed flat out on our dirt roads. Only a matter of time before something happens to him...

Pretty much know where it's headed. Eventually they will have laws enacted against them.

/ Infested with UTVs? #26  
Yes but it sound like it's not the case.
Ive learned not to take just one side of the story.

Where I live is rural farm country but within 30-40 minutes of the biggest city in the state. So we have quite a few people moving out here because they think they want to enjoy the country.

Lots of facebook groups full of those people complaining about the smell (when they spread manure), and complaining about getting stuck behind a tractor making them late to work, or gunshots, or neighbors riding ATV's disturbing their "quiet". As well as alot of complaints of people "flying" up and down the road on UTV's. And in several of these cases I know the people being accused of "flying" up and down the road. And they own UTV's that go about 50-55mph tops.

Just cruising down the road with a purpose (not poking at 25mph). To either get to their fishing hole, deer blind, mushroom honey hole, riding fences, etc. But if you believed the accuser.....they are out flying up and down the road and tearing hell outta everything

/ Infested with UTVs? #27  
Every nice weekend, we have a group of Harley Riders on the highway. Not a fan of the noise.

A lawyer I know had one. He rode from Middle TN to Knoxville. Took a spill. Never knew why and woke up in the hospital in Knoxville. Another friend lost her son when he crashed due to some gravel spilled on the highway.

Although I don't think UTV accidents are as frequent, a friend's brother was killed riding one on the highway last year or the year before.
I can't remember the last time I saw a Harley with stock exhaust. Most around here have no mufflers, just straight pipes. And what's with blipping the throttle when sitting at a stop sign/light?

/ Infested with UTVs? #28  
I can't remember the last time I saw a Harley with stock exhaust. Most around here have no mufflers, just straight pipes. And what's with blipping the throttle when sitting at a stop sign/light?
Got to keep it running......

/ Infested with UTVs? #29  
And what's with blipping the throttle when sitting at a stop sign/light?
I just figured they had to keep doing that to keep the POS running.

But most likely its a "hey look at me....Im cool....I have motorcycle...

/ Infested with UTVs? #30  
Ive learned not to take just one side of the story.

Where I live is rural farm country but within 30-40 minutes of the biggest city in the state. So we have quite a few people moving out here because they think they want to enjoy the country.

Lots of facebook groups full of those people complaining about the smell (when they spread manure), and complaining about getting stuck behind a tractor making them late to work, or gunshots, or neighbors riding ATV's disturbing their "quiet". As well as alot of complaints of people "flying" up and down the road on UTV's. And in several of these cases I know the people being accused of "flying" up and down the road. And they own UTV's that go about 50-55mph tops.

Just cruising down the road with a purpose (not poking at 25mph). To either get to their fishing hole, deer blind, mushroom honey hole, riding fences, etc. But if you believed the accuser.....they are out flying up and down the road and tearing hell outta everything
The 40 acres with house on my North boundary has sold to a man from Florida. I'm apprehensive about what I'll get for a neighbor. I'm hoping for the best.