Debit vs. Credit Cards

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #281  
What labor? Very few businesses do paper and pencil labor. It's almost all electronic. If anything, paying by credit card uses much less labor than paying with cash on both ends.
:rolleyes: ...Yet some do.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #282  
Trying to think of the last time I used cash for anything… sometime in 2022 I imagine, can’t recall what it would have been for though.

Only time I’ve seen cash discounts actually worth while are in establishments that are likely not claiming cash sales on their taxes, don’t know this, but if I had to bet…

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #283  
1680383851974.png

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #284  
Trying to think of the last time I used cash for anything… sometime in 2022 I imagine, can’t recall what it would have been for though.

Only time I’ve seen cash discounts actually worth while are in establishments that are likely not claiming cash sales on their taxes, don’t know this, but if I had to bet…
I pay cash at the local garbage transfer station because they charge a $2 transaction fee on a $15 charge. Even then it is cheaper than paying $60 a month for garbage pickup especially when I have to load the cans into the pickup and haul them a mile and a half out to the main road first.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #285  
There's a small chain of breakfast/lunch restaurants in Pittsburg that we frequent for breakfast. They only take cash. They have directions to the nearest ATM posted. I don't know why they don't take cards. Their prices are about the same as every other restaurant that does. Mystery to me.

There's a restaurant in New Buffalo, Michigan that doesn't take credit cards. Only cash. There's an ATM in their lobby. I don't know why, as their prices are kinda high for what you get. Pretty good food, so I'm not complaining, but it can't be a financial reason.

There's a restaurant in Mishawaka, IN that also only accepts cash. Again, it's not because of the cost.

None are suffering for business and are always busy.

:unsure:

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #286  

Every time I need tires I go to a certain place and tell Greg, the owner I need Tire’s, cash price no receipt better price than anywhere else I can buy tires even online.

There's a small chain of breakfast/lunch restaurants in Pittsburg that we frequent for breakfast. They only take cash. They have directions to the nearest ATM posted. I don't know why they don't take cards. Their prices are about the same as every other restaurant that does. Mystery to me.

There's a restaurant in New Buffalo, Michigan that doesn't take credit cards. Only cash. There's an ATM in their lobby. I don't know why, as their prices are kinda high for what you get. Pretty good food, so I'm not complaining, but it can't be a financial reason.

There's a restaurant in Mishawaka, IN that also only accepts cash. Again, it's not because of the cost.

None are suffering for business and are always busy.

:unsure:
Cash is nice to have.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #287  
Just remember Canada all ready shut down the bank accounts of protesting truckers and others. How will you survive if NO business will take cash and your accounts (CC and Debit cards) are locked?

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #288  
Canada=commies. In the US you can burn down cities and politicians will support funds to have you bailed out of jail.

I mean even banks in the US have toyed with not doing business with LEGIT LEGAL businesses (Gun manufacturers).

They rolled it back, but still. Social engineering and control of the populace.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #289  
I bought some winter vegetables and eggs at the local farmers market today (opening day) and paid with cash. Those bills had been in my hip pocket for ages.