New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,241  
Didn’t Barney Frank sat on the board of directors of one of those banks, riptides?
The “Frank” of Dodd/Frank?
Please address me as riptides. It's common courtesy.

Why bother linking Mr. Frank at all. SVB was no longer bound to those regulation. If ever.

The banks failure was the banks doing. Venture capitalists ventured elsewhere.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,242  
Yeah but with high interest rates comes another opportunity for people who have capital to invest.
True, but your thread is about new tractor sales declining.

The average American has almost no savings for interest to gained upon, so I dont know how anyone other than high income earning savers would have much gain.

Most Americans are in a position that they are getting crushed high interest on credit cards, helocs and business loans. Like it or not, that’s the way it is.

In the typical American citizen’s scenario, they’d be far better off with low interest rates than high ones, since typically their larges investment is in their home’s mortgage.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,243  
Please address me as riptides. It's common courtesy.

Why bother linking Mr. Frank at all. SVB was no longer bound to those regulation. If ever.

The banks failure was the banks doing. Venture capitalists ventured elsewhere.
Not linking him to SVB ripsters, I’m linking Barney Frank to Signature Bank, which is also collapsing.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,245  
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,246  
Most people would be better off if we had price stability and stable economic growth. We wouldn't need high interest rates to combat inflation if there wasn't inflation in the first place. Going to extremes in managing the money supply is dangerous and the current situation shows it's dangerous. On the one hand, they want to fight inflation by raising rates. On the other hand, raising rates is creating a loss position in the securities holdings of banks raising the risk of bank failures.

The economic history of the US basically boils down to the "financial panic of year __ and the banking panic of year ___." Honestly, you just have to fill in the years in the appropriate blanks. Steering a stable course tries to avoid these extremes and create an environment in which there's more predictability and less risk.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,247  
Sorry, that is just fundamentally false. Mismanagement of assets is causing a loss position for mismanaged banks. Well-managed banks understand inflation and will and have adjusted their portfolios accordingly. Don't assume these are indicative of all, or even most, banks. The risk here is the 'moral hazard' issue.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,249  
Not linking him to SVB ripsters, I’m linking Barney Frank to Signature Bank, which is also collapsing.
It is riptides. Common courtesy.

Neither bank was regulated under Dodd Frank.

And it took more than one person to change regulations.

So whatever point your trying to make is lost. On me.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,250  
FWIW, my understanding is that Signature had a pretty good balance sheet, but that it experienced a bank run.

Status
Not open for further replies.