Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,411  
My Buick Story (not selling them...if you know what I mean)

While still going to school I did handyman work for the rich son of a famous Tampa entrepreneur...
He owned a '56' two tone (aquamarine and cream) Buick with matching leather upholstery...he bought a $3500 antique Chinese carpet and had it cut up and installed in the car...the colors matched great and it looked awesome...
...He had me install a complete electronic ignition kit in it...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,412  
My first car was a '59 Buick Electra, a hand me down from my grandfather. I did pay to have it repainted in a metallic blue. Keystone mags and Cherry Bomb mufflers made it a little cooler.
Loved that huge back seat!

59 Buick.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,414  
Last year I restored a 1959 Mobile Scout rv trailer. The original siding had two punch marks on the front, evenly spaced, covered with bondo and repainted. I looked up the dimensions on vehicles that could possibly make those, but they were wider and higher than anything recent, pickup or car. The dimensions for the fins on a 59 Buick matched almost exactly.

1.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,415  
We bought a 90 Olds 88 in 2001 for our son. Came from my aunt, only24k miles, she no longer was driving. When he saw it, his comment was, "what a big back seat!" Think of my wife's thoughts about that statement coming from a 16yr old son? But he continued saying "I can easily put my bike back there." What a relief for my wife. He wasn't interested in girls, bike racing was his goal for the next 5 years or so. Even spent a few summers in Belgium racing, hoping to be picked up by a professional team, never made that though. Jon

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,417  
What happened to cars?????
While I don't really miss the huge land yachts of the 50s & 60s, today's cars are a bit cramped for my liking. I was going to make a comment about styling, but there were ugly cars back then too. Just not all of them. :ROFLMAO: