Shooting a Woodpecker.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #41  
This thread is making me happier with my choice of metal siding!

I'd say there is a world of difference between selective removal of an individual of a species and a large scale removal of the lot.

If attempts to dissuade are not fruitful, I'd probably take my chances and eliminate the offender. If another takes its place, an alternate solution will need to be devised.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #43  
Now just shoot the cats...they are non native and highly invasive that destroy BILLIONS of native song birds and other native wildlife...mice are attracted to food...don't spill the food and no mice...birds just looking for shelter...install bird blocking...

So, the only animals' worth living are the one native to a specific place??? I hope you can't see very far because you will see more nonnative organism then native one.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #44  
Sometimes they will pound on a house because they are "drumming" for a mate.
Yes I find they like to drum on my steel TV antenna and aluminum down spouts.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #45  
Yes I find they like to drum on my steel TV antenna and aluminum down spouts.
Yep, whatever makes the most noise. It must really impress the girls. One year I had one drumming on my metal Modine heater exhaust stack above the garage. It soon moved on.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #46  
So, the only animals' worth living are the one native to a specific place??? I hope you can't see very far because you will see more nonnative organism then native one.
The idea of native species is a human construct designed to allay the fears of those who get stressed by change. Every species seeks to expand and adapt to new environments. The 'purpose' behind eliminating "non-native" species is to allow so-called native species to survive. Long before people arrived, species survived and adapted or went extinct. Humans are so full of hubris we seek to stop the natural order of life so species will continue indefinitely. I have no problem with preference of some species over others. Just not a fan of pretending that some species are entitled to survive in a particular place just because they existed when modern humans moved in. Just be honest "I like species A, better than species B". We also do stupid stuff like eliminate predators and then restrict harvesting the prey. Spoiler alert, the prey gets overpopulated.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #47  
Spray/wash the area with bleach soap mixture.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #48  
Evil is easy to recognize and correct. Stupid - not so much.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #49