Better parking brake warning needed.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #11  
Kubota L 4600. Brake on, working in a creek for an hour or so. Finished my chore. Went to get on the tractor and, without touching it, I raised my leg to climb on the beast when I heard a click. Brake released on it own and rolled off into the creek exactly where I was working. I now turn it 90 degrees to where I am working and stick the loader into the ground. Never trust the BS parking brakes on tractors.

/ Better parking brake warning needed.
I'm waiting for a bright LED light to arrive and I've got some micro switches. So I think I will rig something up along with extending the set and release lever. No need to touch your toes to work it. :) Would still be keen on some more ideas. I'll post whatever I do with this.
I actually added 2 reed switches in parallel because I have split brakes.
So you set up switches on the pedals, huh? So anytime the pedal is down the light is on. That would be easy enough - I was trying to think of a way to put the switch on the brake set rod. Are you using a solid light of a flashing light.
I saw a guy here who had a flashing LED when his electric SSQA was working.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #13  
I could see installing a momentary push switch on the brake housing on the L2501, but I don't know if your MX is in any way similar. Besides a light, some annoying buzzer could also work.

I could see installing a momentary push switch on the brake housing on the L2501, but I don't know if your MX is in any way similar. Besides a light, some annoying buzzer could also work.
I thought about a buzzer but I usually set the brake to exit the tractor and connect a 3pt or grab the phone off the bench or such and a buzzer would be super annoying - But it may be needed if I get any more forgetful... Me driving along thinking hmm? Wonder what that noise is? :LOL: :D:p;)

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #15  
   / Better parking brake warning needed. #16  
The one on my Branson is the hand lever type located down at the floorboard. I despise those the locking foot brake pedal is so much easier.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #17  
If you have a brake light you have a switch.. Find that and hook into it, put any 12V light where you want it. I tried the buzzer and that well drive you nuts. I wired a 12V 2 pin flasher and put the light up where I would see it.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #18  
IMG_0487.JPG

Early on my wife was sometimes leaving parking brake on the new B26. Easy to do unless you really set it hard. Fussed at her but I did it also.

Two modifications. First added a bar to engagement handle for better ergonomics and improved visual confirmation of brake setting. Also improves setting the brake more firmly. Second was brake “on” lamp. Trailer side marker lamp activated by motorcycle switch. Under the dash there was already a drilled bracket for the motorcycle rear brake switch. Only had to drill a small hole for the switch spring.

Now she reliably sets the brake when getting off and never leaves it on when operating. Both modifications solved the problem and have worked reliably for years and over 500hours. Less to fuss and worry about.

Good posts! I'm ordering the motorcycle brake light switch from Amazon $6 and change. I'll make an extension like Smokey did. I remember seeing that inspiration before. It's hard to press down and touch your toes Kubota, your ergonomics are for yoga masters :LOL:

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #20  
Fine with a hydro. Not so with a gear drive. You need dual switches, one for each linkage. Kubota has always been remiss with that issue.