TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,611  
The biggest issue I had with Sig in the past is they come out with something, have some pretty significant "first run" issues, then are pretty quick to come out with a "2nd" or "3rd" generation, and then may end up dropping the line anyways (particularly when they were first coming out with rifles, and then they could end up dropping the line altogether and then you're screwed for parts even if you got a latest generation where all the kinks were worked out).

That said, have to give them credit for "Americanizing" their product line, particularly in handguns (although they can hog wild with multiple variances). The venerable 220/225/226 and 228 to me were as reliable as the Glock or Beretta, but at the end of the day, they had to get into the plastic game to compete IMO.

My G19 that I cut up pretty good as an experiment I like a lot better than my other G19, but no where as nice as that P365XL fits.
I have (2) P226's. The first one I bought is West German made. I've put thousands upon thousands of my reloads through it and never a hiccup. I also have a .22 conversion for it, that I use frequently for dispatching trapped hogs.

The second one is a P226 Blackwater that's used as my home defense gun. It has (4) 20 round mags and sports a weapon light.

I love both of them.

I also have a P230 in .380, although now there are much lighter and more capable guns, it's still one of the best carry and naturally pointing guns.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,612  
The biggest issue I had with Sig in the past is they come out with something, have some pretty significant "first run" issues, then are pretty quick to come out with a "2nd" or "3rd" generation, and then may end up dropping the line anyways (particularly when they were first coming out with rifles, and then they could end up dropping the line altogether and then you're screwed for parts even if you got a latest generation where all the kinks were worked out).

That said, have to give them credit for "Americanizing" their product line, particularly in handguns (although they can hog wild with multiple variances). The venerable 220/225/226 and 228 to me were as reliable as the Glock or Beretta, but at the end of the day, they had to get into the plastic game to compete IMO.

My G19 that I cut up pretty good as an experiment I like a lot better than my other G19, but no where as nice as that P365XL fits.
Not a single reference to the best thing they ever made, the grand 250 :ROFLMAO:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,613  
Not a single reference to the best thing they ever made, the grand 250 :ROFLMAO:
I think that was about the time I gave up on them and swore off any of their products LOL

I just remember calling looking for a part for a rifle that I knew I could have issues with down the road, and after they told me that they were obsolete I kind of gave up on the brand.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,614  
I have (2) P226's. The first one I bought is West German made. I've put thousands upon thousands of my reloads through it and never a hiccup. I also have a .22 conversion for it, that I use frequently for dispatching trapped hogs.

The second one is a P226 Blackwater that's used as my home defense gun. It has (4) 20 round mags and sports a weapon light.

I love both of them.

I also have a P230 in .380, although now there are much lighter and more capable guns, it's still one of the best carry and naturally pointing guns.
Still remember when I walked into a gun shop here in NC and they had a sale on West German Police P6's. Buy 2 for like $499, each one still in it's box. Those days are long gone...(I sold one of the 2 later to a buddy and kind of regretted it LOL).

All my West German sigs will go to my boy if he wants them.

Like your experience, never a issue and my first one was a 220 back in the 80's.

When Glock first came out and everyone was bragging how reliable this new polymer gun was, I was kind of scratching my head because I never had any issues with my Sigs or Beretta's.

Have to laugh thinking about when Glock came out. What ever happened to that all plastic pistol that could get through airports and metal detectors?

Ironic, pulling the above link. I remember reading that paper when I worked in Allentown. I have to laugh at the very last sentence in that article. How times have changed...

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,615  
Read these and choose one.

More:

Don't enclose them in a bag. Get a cabinet or safe to store them, and get one of the rods that keeps it warmer than the outside air. Maybe add a desiccant.

Steel wool, 0000 size, will take off light rust but not the blue.

This is often recommended but I haven't used it yet.

Bruce
Lots of good information.
The Amazon pad looks like a regular stainless steel pad which I have.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,616  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,618  
I certainly don't like the impending SBR ban. Not that I own any braced weapons because I don't but it's just another 'salvo' across the bow of the right to bear arms. 200 bucks for a stamp is nothing more than a revenue producer.