Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,973  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,974  
This article indicates the still hot pandemic and a spreading world wide recession/depression has forever changed the love affair with the automobile. The car buying babyboomers needs are dropping like a rock as we are. Maybe the robo taxi era will arrive and the 18-25 age group that are being priced out vehicle ownership.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,975  
This article indicates the still hot pandemic and a spreading world wide recession/depression has forever changed the love affair with the automobile. The car buying babyboomers needs are dropping like a rock as we are. Maybe the robo taxi era will arrive and the 18-25 age group that are being priced out vehicle ownership.

Not really sure the current 18-25 year olds have the same issues we had at that age, like how to you socialize with your peers etc. We would all pile into a vehicle and go to a kegger, get drunk and drive home. Now they all pile onto a group chat/video call and do whatever they're doing now.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,976  
I've had the local quickie lube place replace my wipers while they were doing the service. I can do them, but much easier to let someone else do.it
Oh I'm all about that. Maybe I misread the statement. My interpretation was the Inspection Station told the owner the wiper blades needed replaced to pass.

Our O'Reilly's installs them free.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,977  
You miss the point. No need to be flippant. If we had one car, a small house and garage on a lot, I could check on that car since that's all I have to do.
When you have a farm, car collection, horses, tractors, motorcycles, mowers, trees to cut, and 10 projects and chores every day and the one car has working but wiper blades needing replacement and $22 for 3 blades are meaningless to me...I REST MY CASE!
Not being flippant. I made my case that I don't need the inspection station to tell me to replace my blades. You made your case that you do. It's all good.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,978  
Oh I'm all about that. Maybe I misread the statement. My interpretation was the Inspection Station told the owner the wiper blades needed replaced to pass.

Our O'Reilly's installs them free.
Battery replacement on my Sierra is a mother. Auto zone replaced that one

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,979  
The battery on Terry's Grand Cherokee is under the passenger front seat.....

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4,980  
A lot of us are being priced out of affordable vehicle ownership, but I'm not sure robotaxis (or ubers or any other sort of taxi) are a practical solution either should vehicle non-ownership become widespread, especially during busy periods.

The old ways of dealerships having 100+ vehicles on the lot days were numbered anyway, cost of keeping that kind of inventory must have been massive. Personally, I'm not thrilled with a strictly build-to-order system either unless you can truly customize it...not just choose from one of a handful of packages. You know, be able to get the larger engine, "good" stereo, etc. without having to get a bunch of other crap you don't want. I, for one also like to be able to test-drive something before I commit to it...I have long legs and relatively few sedans are comfortable for me. Also nice to know ahead of time on ergonomics...ie-control placement, how intuitive things are (a big deal these days given how tech-y everything is), etc.
Hopefully things settle out somewhere in the middle.
Battery replacement is a PITA on most modern vehicles. Long gone are the days when it was right out in the open with a + cable, a - cable and some sort of hold-down.

Last edited: