My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,991  
Glad that's behind her ! That was quite a video, may have gotten chills a time or two !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,992  
That was a tear jerker, don’t know how you made it, I couldn’t have. Prayers for recovery.

I am over in Hburg this weekend if you need a hand with anything.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,993  
What a cautionary tale about tick born illness! Prevention is key , Deet, Insect Shield clothing Permethrin etc.
She should be a advocate for awareness after she recovers !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,994  
I too had a tear during the last video, even now. I can't believe what Lauren has been through. Keeping the prayers flowing for her and your family. You need to clone yourself, one to finish the build, one for the family. Jon.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,995  
That was a tear jerker, don’t know how you made it, I couldn’t have. Prayers for recovery.

I am over in Hburg this weekend if you need a hand with anything.

Working on cabinets tomorrow. Was planning to put in propane line to house but the poly line kit was delayed. If the soil dries out enough, I will still be setting the tank but that will probably be Monday. Next weekend, if we have good weather I will be getting that line in.

As for making the video. It was hard. All the parts with her was a binge editing session. Whiskey may have been involved.

Last edited:
#3,996  
I too had a tear during the last video, even now. I can't believe what Lauren has been through. Keeping the prayers flowing for her and your family. You need to clone yourself, one to finish the build, one for the family. Jon.

We are getting very close

#3,997  
What a cautionary tale about tick born illness! Prevention is key , Deet, Insect Shield clothing Permethrin etc.
She should be a advocate for awareness after she recovers !

She has suffered a “perfect storm” of illness. I think the RMS really provided the initial stomach trauma to start making things worse, and the alpha gal was Thor’s hammer to finish the job.
We are just grateful that she is here with us. She has actually been coning up to the build the last few days. She sits almost on top of the wood stove to keep warm but she wants to be around the action and not just sleeping on the couch.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,998  
She sits almost on top of the wood stove to keep warm but she wants to be around the action and not just sleeping on the couch.
That is totally understandable. I've lost about 25 lbs over the last 2 years. It's noticeably harder to stay warm than it used to be. But I feel so much better and have more energy. Only 30 lbs more to go!

#3,999  
Just remembered. The pictures at the end of the video, where she is hiking. That is from November 2021. Her cheeks are flush because of undiagnosed RMSF.
That was diagnosed because you guys told me to insist on tick born disease testing. We suspected lime. It went way past where it should but she probably would have slipped away then Without you guys.

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #4,000  
Continued prayers