Are you ready for Christmas?

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #11  
Ye
tenor-1173066993.gif

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #13  
Im the uncle that buys the non age appropriate gifts for my nephew. At least that is what my wife says. I tell her that our son was shooting and blowing up stuff at that age. She keeps telling me that the nephew lives in the city. To which I reply. So!

We enjoy Christmas and buy gifts that are needed and wanted. I got to admit that first Christmas after my son married was a struggle. What do you buy for a daughter in law. But now its all good. She likes guns n stuff too.

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #16  
Looks nice. Is that the bow n arrow method?

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #17  
Looks nice. Is that the bow n arrow method?

Yep! I got it down pretty good. Adjusting for windage so it doesn't come down through the house roof can be a challenge. :p

It's a heavy fishing arrow with the tip removed, but I'm sure it would damage the shingles.

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #18  
Aaah! That’s what this article is about. Decorating for Christmas!!! Thanks for the explanation Moss LOL

** buy the way nice looking tree 👍 **

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #19  
Aaah! That’s what this article is about. Decorating for Christmas!!! Thanks for the explanation Moss LOL

** buy the way nice looking tree 👍 **
Yikes! I keep a string on mine!

Thanks! :)

/ Are you ready for Christmas? #20  
For anyone that's wondering, there's only two strings of lights on that tree. They're each 100 meters long. I divided them into thirds, and pulled those up, so 6 runs of 16.5 meters from each string. Each run is about 54', and I have about 4' left at the bottom of each run, so the tree is about 48-50' tall, give or take, I'm guessing.

These are LEDs. 2nd year I've used them. Used to use the twinkle lights, but got too expensive and sucked electricity. Pulled well over 20 amps. These pull maybe 5-6 amps total. The first time I put them up we had a bit of wind and they wire is so thin, it could not support it's own weight and they got shredded. So I added a messenger string the entire 100m length and taped it every 2'. I added 1/4" rope with a loop a couple feet either side of the 1/3 bend and taped that securely, and use that to pull it up with the rope.

I use an old 40# pull Bear recurve bow I got when I was maybe 14 years old, and a metal fishing spool that is just taped to the handle area. I've got a couple hundred feet of heavy braided fishing line on it. Shoot it up over the top, untie the arrow, tie on a rope, pull it over the top, then pull up an inverted V of lights.

If the wind is consistent, I can judge from the first shot what I have to do. If not, it's a crap shoot and I can be off a foot or two and have to pull it down and take another shot. Calm days are a blessing.

Anyhow, that's how I do it.

Merry Christmas everyone.