CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R

/ CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R #1  

woodsroad

Hello!

The electrical connector that goes to the ignition switch on my CC2165 needs to be repaired or replaced. There is one loose connection in it, looks like the ignition wire (red/white) and it appears to have been melted at one time. I don't want to replace the entire harness, I just want to get the faulty pin out and fix the connection. That might not be possible if the faulty pin is now captive in the melted plastic. Either way, I don't know how to remove the pin. I could just cut the melted connector off and crimp new terminals on the wires, I suppose, but that makes keeping track of which wire goes to which switch connector post pretty difficult. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

-Dan

/ CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R #2  
Can you post a photo of the connector ?

Richard

/ CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R
Yes! I should have done that. I'll get a photo of the connector posted tomorrow.

IMG_4074.JPG
IMG_4075.JPG
IMG_4077.JPG

The red and white wire is the iffy one. It goes to the melted pin.
Thanks!

/ CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R #6  
Richard, thank you so much. I didn't think that a "dumb Google search" would uncover a direct hit like that.
Very much appreciated!

/ CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R #8  
Woodsroad - Can you give us an update on your progress ?

Richard

/ CC HDS 2165 Electrical Harness Connector R/R #9  
Woodsroad - Can you give us an update on your progress ?

Richard
OK! Sorry for the delay, but work intervened.
There isn't much slack in the wiring going to the ignition switch connector. When I cut off the bad connector and put on the new one, I'll lose another couple of inches of wires. I have the connector that Richard suggested above, and so I bought a pack of assorted color, silicone insulated 12g hookup wire. I'm going to make a pigtail with the new connector, then splice that to the existing wiring harness. I hope to get this done on Thursday. I'll post pics when done. Thanks again for the help, folks.

The Wire

The Connector