Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,452  
Man, you coulda posted in the Hauling Things thread. 🙃 ;)
And then all of TBN would have razed him. But he could have posted pictures in one thread, the pricing here. Jon

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,453  
Just checked my local home depot and lowes for cheap 2x4x8 - HD is $3.75, lowes $3.75.
Might be able to afford to buy some lumber.
3/4 plywood is still stupid expensive.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,454  
I just checked 3/4" treated plywood,,
before the pandemic, I went to get a sheet and it was out of stock, but, priced at $41 a sheet.
The next time it was in stock, it was over $91 a sheet.

I JUST checked,,, the price is now $54.67,, not too bad, considering how inflation has raised other prices!!,,,,,,,

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,455  
FINALLY getting the sawmill assembled. Yes it is nice that lumber prices are coming down, but the quality I saw last time I went was total crap. I needed a couple 4x4 posts and every single one had bark on at least one corner. Several had bark on all four!

The bed rails have been leveled, and hopefully this week the rest will be assembled and in operation. The ground is a little slopey. . .

Attachments

• A2F05C1F-09F5-4FCE-B510-08D27464300A.jpeg
    A2F05C1F-09F5-4FCE-B510-08D27464300A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 117
   / Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,456  
FINALLY getting the sawmill assembled. Yes it is nice that lumber prices are coming down, but the quality I saw last time I went was total crap. I needed a couple 4x4 posts and every single one had bark on at least one corner. Several had bark on all four!

The bed rails have been leveled, and hopefully this week the rest will be assembled and in operation. The ground is a little slopey. . .
That looks familiar! What surprised me is how well the tracks stay in line once they bolt up. You might want to stabilize it a bit better though. Once you start putting logs on it and turning them, I fear that your blocks may not stay in place.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,457  
Went and bought the cheapest HD cinder blocks for a temporary firepit.
$2.25 for the thinner ones I got and 3.24 for the regular ones.
None of them looked good enough to build load bearing walls, lots of gravel and some were already damaged from shipment.
So much for quality control, picking through blocks was a pain, but I got enough to do the pit and left a lot of dust/gravel behind.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,458  
Went and bought the cheapest HD cinder blocks for a temporary firepit.
$2.25 for the thinner ones I got and 3.24 for the regular ones.
None of them looked good enough to build load bearing walls, lots of gravel and some were already damaged from shipment.
So much for quality control, picking through blocks was a pain, but I got enough to do the pit and left a lot of dust/gravel behind.
I've often wondered if it would be cheaper/easier to pour a retaining wall 8 inches at a time with a small mixer, vs using blocks.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,459  
Well, I just bought a trailer load of lumber from Menards for hive builds this winter.

Prices we’re good, but the guy was walking right behind me with new tags, raising them.

He said… “yeah, it sucks, as soon as prices came down, they are going back up, and the quality is terrible“

I agreed. I went through a whole stack of 1x4s… and found two that were suitable. I needed 6.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #1,460  
There must have been some sort of mistake. Because i bought four 2X4, 20 footers, doug fur construction grade, at 12.88 each. I even had to go recheck the reciept, and that is what they costed. .