Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #111  
Non sense, it just started. I called and talked to him today. I will report back once he gets back with me as he said he would do.
You sure about that? Somehow I don't believe you did in as much as he had a surgical procedure today and took the day off.. Care to adjust that?

In the slight chance you did somehow manage to talk to him, which I doubt, If you did. may I inquire as the name of the person you talked to? First name will suffice. No guesses allowed either....lol

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
You sure about that? Somehow I don't believe you did in as much as he had a surgical procedure today and took the day off.. Care to adjust that?

In the slight chance you did somehow manage to talk to him, which I doubt, If you did. may I inquire as the name of the person you talked to? First name will suffice. No guesses allowed either....lol
Are you serious?

The guy I spoke to was Keith. Had quite a lengthy and pleasant conversation with him. Said his dad started the business in 1951 as a IH dealer which was the same time my grandfather started our family business. He was very easy to talk to and seemed interested in helping me and getting me a price.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #113  

You are 2 teeth shy on the main sprocket my friend.🤪

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #114  
   / Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #115  
Are you serious?

The guy I spoke to was Keith. Had quite a lengthy and pleasant conversation with him. Said his dad started the business in 1951 as a IH dealer which was the same time my grandfather started our family business. He was very easy to talk to and seemed interested in helping me and getting me a price.
I'm always serious. I see you did. So, no expose'? Unlike Hay Dudette I don't lie or make up shitte. I knew his dad well, as well.

Everything I post about them is factual. I don't make stuff up and if it's not candy coated oh well. Don't play the pabulum crap, never have.

You may be surprised at what he comes up with.

Transportation could be an issue however.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #116  
”No payment books…..all paid for…..”

Yeah, nothing made up there.
A great example of character.

Last edited:
   / Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #117  
I was hoping to read about Equine Discount stories. Twelve pages and I think it was mentioned twice. Yikes.

I just got a quote from a dealer on a L4060. Asked them if they participated in the Equine Discount, they said they did. Price did not reflect anywhere near 20% off the Kubota builder and price site.

So, no expose'?
I will do it after I have the full experience of dealing with him.

You may be surprised at what he comes up with.
I hope so as I am not doing this to make a spectacle of you. I am honestly looking for a good dealer to deal with. If your guy turns out to be honest and worth dealing with then I think the whole community here should know about it. And if that's the case I hope he gets rewarded by this community sending business his way.

I was hoping to read about Equine Discount stories. Twelve pages and I think it was mentioned twice. Yikes.
I was hoping for more myself.

I just got a quote from a dealer on a L4060. Asked them if they participated in the Equine Discount, they said they did. Price did not reflect anywhere near 20% off the Kubota builder and price site.
Can you share with us the pricing you got?

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #120  
I will do it after I have the full experience of dealing with him.

I hope so as I am not doing this to make a spectacle of you. I am honestly looking for a good dealer to deal with. If your guy turns out to be honest and worth dealing with then I think the whole community here should know about it. And if that's the case I hope he gets rewarded by this community sending business his way.
You won't make a 'spectacle' of me. If I thought otherwise I would have never PM'd you in the first place. Besides, I have a thicker skin than that.

I can tell you two things for sure, from experience. One, I've always felt his pricing was fair and concerning the 'equine discount' that Kubota has, I asked about it and he said there was a better deal and there was, not that we have horses but we did, my wife raised and sold Percheron Draft Horses some years back. I view horses like a boat. A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into. Same applies to horses at least in my experience. Glad we don't do that anymore.

Two, I've never had any issue with getting any service from the shop, they do all my involved stuff like seal replacement or valve adjustments, stuff I really cannot do myself and they make farm calls as well. They do it right the first time, I've never had a bad experience with the shop or had something not addressed. I tell them what I want addressed and usually give them a list and it's taken care of.

We always conduct business on a handshake but then around here a man is only as good as his word and people have long memories. Case in point, my wife wanted a new Kubota side by side and we were at the county fair and they had a display there and his lead tech was there that day. My wife told him what she wanted (in between gun talk...lol) remember I'm not a new customer... (she wanted an orange one which they didn't have, windshield, full road package and rhino lined bed and he said no problem, we will call you when it comes in). 2 weeks it was delivered to the farm, still no paperwork . A week later we stopped in. wife signed the paperwork, got the 0 percent financing and all was good. Very laid back, no hassle transaction. Same deal with the tractors I've purchased there as well.

Not a Messicks glitzy place at all. If you want glitz you need to go elsewhere. Typical farmer owned dealership which is just the way I like it.

I have no idea on parts being sent out as everything I buy, filters, paint and lubricants, I pick up in person or they drop here at the farm so I cannot comment on that or if they even do that as I really don't know. Just so happens his parts manager lives (farms) about 3 miles from me so I get farm delivery on his way home. I only use genuine Kubota filters and lubricants except for the front axles, I use 85-140 in them. I do know his prices on Kubota filters are very close to the Baldwin filters that are online. I prefer the OEM stuff, personal preference.... and yes, I have a blanket exemption certificate on file with him just like I have with everyone I do business with.
Contrary to what Hay Dudette thinks, we are a bona fide, legally registered company and while I might not run the acreage Hay Dudette does, it's a for profit business. I only run and have only ever run, what I can do alone. Not crap hay here either. Only Alfalfa Timothy and it ain't going to a mushroom farm for bedding either. In fact it all goes to a local rancher who raises bucking bulls and put on the local rodeo's around here and if you want his name, phone number and address, I can do that as well. His rodeo company is called 'Lost Nations Rodeo Company' if you want to look it up. I know he puts on sanctioned events and we go to them as a sponsor but I'm really not into bucking bulls, my wife is.

I go to leer at the scantily clad cowgirls...lol :p

If you know anything about Rodeo, you'll know who he is.