What would you do?

/ What would you do? #21  
Honestly, the car was driving towards my own home, so I followed it.

Called it in, and later the state troopers showed up and took my statement at the end of the driveway where the car "pulled into".

Got a call from the DA, apparently this person is fighting the DWI charges. I will need to testify in court.

Here is the thing... I get people drink and drive, but what REALLY ticked me off is they crashed into a church parking lot and hit the church van that basically stays in the same spot 24/7 unless it's Sunday. NO WAY could you even imagine hitting it per where it's parked in the corner of the parking lot.

If you're guilty, just admit it and take the punishment IMO because you did wrong. I've been in the same boat so I can say I speak from experience.

I just don't like being the rat and sticking your nose into someone else's business.
My best friend and another friend were killed by a guy who had been drinking but BAC below legal limits on my 16th birthday.

Same driver 11 years later blew a stoplight t-boned a mini van with a family of five killing the mother instantly and one of the daughters died of injuries a day later. Again he had been drinking but was under the legal limit.

You’re not being a rat, you’re being a garbage collector. Take out the damn trash.

/ What would you do? #22  
My Aunt and Uncle were rearended at a stop light and killed by a driver drunk on MJ and alcohol. She got eight years in prison.

/ What would you do?
Thanks. Some of of your responses have made me feel better.

The driver from what I remember was definitely an older lady. Added a little more confusion to everything I was seeing from what I remembered (which I told the DA when he called me).

I did take pictures after the accident as I couldn't believe what I was seeing at the time, but I deleted them after a year, as I didn't think anything of it because they were so old.

That said, iI figure if I called it in, and the state troopers met me at the end of the driveway where the call pulled in (and a piece of the car bumper was laying there at the end of the driveway) and they (state troopers) went down the end of the driveway to verify the car I saw, and they have my statement at the time, I figure that should be good enough for the justice system.

/ What would you do? #24  
If the car was on fire and still moving, there is no telling what he could have set fire to. Call it in.

As a past volunteer firefighter/emt, I've seen enough impaired drivers. Call it in!

There was one day we saw a propane delivery truck weaving back and forth. We called it in and gave 911 updates. We he got into town, he ducked into a side street. He saw the cop looking for him and flagged him down and told him where he ducked off the highway. I've seen similar sized gas tankers that lost arguments with an Interstate overpass pier, not pretty, Cincinnati Fire Department had to call in an airport crash truck to put it out.

/ What would you do? #25  
I've been the victim of a hit and run. They leave damage behind them and never pay for it. Somebody hit my job trailer parked on the street and made it un-towable. I had to flatbed the trailer to get it repaired, which took 10 days. My crew lost a lot of productivity for two weeks. I figured I was out about $10,000, and that was in the '70s when the dollar was worth 3x as much.

/ What would you do?
My crew lost a lot of productivity for two weeks. I figured I was out about $10,000, and that was in the '70s when the dollar was worth 3x as much.
10K in 1975 equals to about 50k today, your off by 20 grand.

Ran it by a couple of different calculators, came up in the same ball park.

/ What would you do? #27  
Yes, of course, if I had my cell phone I would call it in. I would stay away from the burning car. It's likely to blow up any minute.

/ What would you do?
Add another thing in life that is nothing like the movies. At least being subpoenaed for court appearance as a witness for a DUI case, a sheriff deputy calls you to inform you of the date only.

Deputy calls me while I'm driving (hands free, for work) and informs me of my court date. No time, no courtroom. I told the deputy to send me something in the mail so I can keep for my own records (court date is in June). Sorry, they don't do that.

Funny thing is if I miss the court date, I can be held in contempt or some other charge.

I'm sorry, we live in the 21st century. At least send me a calendar invite via along with the court room to my email and let me put it on my calendar.

/ What would you do? #29  
Honestly, the car was driving towards my own home, so I followed it.

Called it in, and later the state troopers showed up and took my statement at the end of the driveway where the car "pulled into".

Got a call from the DA, apparently this person is fighting the DWI charges. I will need to testify in court.

Here is the thing... I get people drink and drive, but what REALLY ticked me off is they crashed into a church parking lot and hit the church van that basically stays in the same spot 24/7 unless it's Sunday. NO WAY could you even imagine hitting it per where it's parked in the corner of the parking lot.

If you're guilty, just admit it and take the punishment IMO because you did wrong. I've been in the same boat so I can say I speak from experience.

I just don't like being the rat and sticking your nose into someone else's business.

If they drive drunk, high, recklessly, hit & run… If they’re doing that on the same roads I drive on, that IS my business.

If they’re doing whatever on their own property (if they want to emulate Whistlin’ Diesel or get drunk or crazy or whatever OFF public roads) not my business.

Bring it out onto public roads I’m using, it IS my business.

/ What would you do?
If they drive drunk, high, recklessly, hit & run… If they’re doing that on the same roads I drive on, that IS my business.

If they’re doing whatever on their own property (if they want to emulate Whistlin’ Diesel or get drunk or crazy or whatever OFF public roads) not my business.

Bring it out onto public roads I’m using, it IS my business.
I completely agree and that's one reason why I did call it in, follow the car, and waited for the state troopers.

Lets just say all country "folk" aren't as nice as we claim country "folk" to be in my neck of the woods. Reality is we have some VERY interesting people in my area, some who don't care about others and the law. End of the day, I just don't want problems with people, particularly those that live around me. Now I have to testify in court with the woman and her family in court, which in all honesty, I really don't care to do. Kind of black and white as to what I saw, it was reported, I waited, the troopers (sat around for about an hour out of my work time) who found the woman. Not certain why a sworn statement wouldn't work.