MT240E – 40HP

/ MT240E – 40HP #1  

prometheus303

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
I'm Looking At MT240E – 40HP. Does anybody have one or similar model and how they like. Is it good on fuel?

/ MT240E – 40HP #2  
It's a good tractor and should be more than enough tractor for your 3 acres.

I see you soliciting inputs on TYM, LS, and Branson and I would say that the dealership is a huge factor. Service and parts after the sale are very, very important.

Also as you shop around know that probably less than 1% of tractor owners are actually on a forum so you are not getting that big of a picture of a brand quality. The same is true for issues or problems with a given brand on a forum as it is a very small sample of overall sales.

I also see you bit into Jeff's idea that tractor weight is the most important. I will tell you it is important but not number one in most cases. What you are going to do with the tractor will dictate what you need. In other words don't buy a LS MT7 when you really need an MT125.

Test drive tractors and talk to your dealer. A salesman worth their salt should get you the tractor you need.

/ MT240E – 40HP
It's a good tractor and should be more than enough tractor for your 3 acres.

I see you soliciting inputs on TYM, LS, and Branson and I would say that the dealership is a huge factor. Service and parts after the sale are very, very important.

Also as you shop around know that probably less than 1% of tractor owners are actually on a forum so you are not getting that big of a picture of a brand quality. The same is true for issues or problems with a given brand on a forum as it is a very small sample of overall sales.

I also see you bit into Jeff's idea that tractor weight is the most important. I will tell you it is important but not number one in most cases. What you are going to do with the tractor will dictate what you need. In other words don't buy a LS MT7 when you really need an MT125.

Test drive tractors and talk to your dealer. A salesman worth their salt should get you the tractor you need.
Thanks for input. I did stopped a dealer that I like. Looked at some kioti & Branson. Next one on my list will be LS. I'll be on that side of town tomorrow

/ MT240E – 40HP #4  
I have an MT240, I like it, but have been having issues with mine, not show stoppers, just annoying issues, and the local dealer is working through them.

/ MT240E – 40HP #5  
I have one, it just hit 182 hours this past weekend, no issues so far. Regens seem to be about right around every 50 hours when it is ran at 1800rpm or higher. I think the last interval may have actually been closer to 80 hours.

Besides the usual TLB tasks, I have used it to brush hog, disc, till, grapple, and pallet fork.

I have added Amsoil diesel fuel treatment every time I filled the fuel cans.

/ MT240E – 40HP #6  
Can someone explain the different letters for the models like mt2 vs mt2e?

/ MT240E – 40HP #7  
the E is what they call their Economy series
the H in HE is for the Hydrostatic drive version
HE = Hydrostatic Economy