Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,151  
(A lifetime ban on a driver's license might be appropriate too)
AMEN! Not that lack of license would keep him from doing it again...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,152  
Good. The driver is an idiot but murder wasn't his intent when he started out that day.

(A lifetime ban on a driver's license might be appropriate too).
110 years is too much for him but ten is too little!

There are too many things not right about this to view it as accidental maybe if I take an machine gun and start shooting in random directions and hopping a bullet doesn’t hit anybody they can give me only ten years if 4 or 5 people die because I didn’t intend to kill anybody just wanted to shoot the gun? Paid no attention to safety protocols and decided to have my safety instruction given to me in ancient Hebrew while not using my reading glasses to read and understand the instructions in the owners manual or at the range stating which way I’m supposed to aim or place my targets or not to actively shoot while others are down range affixing thier targets?

How would you feel if one or two of the deceased was a close family member?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,153  
Good. The driver is an idiot but murder wasn't his intent when he started out that day.

Neither was that Kim Potter intent. We will see what happens there after Feb 18th. Back to hauling and towing....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,154  

He was only 1 step behind it with as many avoidable mistakes as he made. Even after everything he did to cause brake failure he still could have hit one of the multiple runaway ramps.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,156  
Neither was that Kim Potter intent. We will see what happens there after Feb 18th. Back to hauling and towing....

I think she’s facing 4-15 years and she doesn’t deserve that. It’s not like she randomly shot someone walking down the down the road. She was in a struggle with someone actively breaking the law that was wanted for previously breaking law and she accidentally fired the wrong weapon.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,157  
What about the company he worked for? They should never have sent him to the mountains without training. Mountain driving is a whole different thing than flatlander driving.

No they shouldn’t have but who decided to continue driving with faulty brakes and decided not to hit one of the multiple runaway ramps and after it was apparent a crash was inevitable decided a line of cars was the best spot to crash. That was all him.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,159  
Lack of driver training. Company bears some fault.

I suppose this guy could have taken a 3rd party second rate truck driving school but the DOT test covers every rule he violated. I can’t imagine he didn’t at least read the DOT handbook and have a crash course in truck driving. And every rule/law he broke is basic stuff. It’s not like you need a 6 week training course to understand you don’t continue driving with faulty equipment, you downshift going down a hill and the runaway truck ramp is for runaway trucks. I mean if this guy is literally that stupid he’d probably drown on a sinking ship while a lifeboat hangs on the side.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,160  
I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and learned how to drive trucks in the mountains - log trucks and oilfield trucks since 1975. To make a good mountain driver, you need good education and good coaching. That guy did everything wrong, but the company obviously is lacking in their training. The DOT handbook is a good resource, but doesn’t take the place of competent training. All done on this one. :)