More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #21  

Been looking at the MT342H/HC/C Unit but can't find any info on the H HC or C suffix...​

i assume these are 3 distinct models, correct? If so, what are the differences...

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #22  

Been looking at the MT342H/HC/C Unit but can't find any info on the H HC or C suffix...​

i assume these are 3 distinct models, correct? If so, what are the differences...
If LS goes like everyone else, then C means Cab and H means Hydrostatic transmission. No suffix means Geared transmission.

So it makes it:

MT342H - ROPS model with Hydrostatic transmission
MT342HC - Cab model with Hydrostatic transmission
MT342 - ROPS with geared transmission
MT342C - Cab with geared transmission

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #23  
Exactly what @ptsg said. If you look into the data as I have been doing, there are minor differences related to those variations.

As one would expect, the weight (511 lbs) and height are different between the 'C' and non-C, models. The 'H' models have a little less HP (2.1) coming off of the PTO, like every similar tractor. The cab models have an extra 1.8 gallons of fuel tank capacity. Also, the cabbed models get 3 rear remotes standard versus the 2 in the non-cabbed versions.

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #24  
If LS goes like everyone else, then C means Cab and H means Hydrostatic transmission. No suffix means Geared transmission.

So it makes it:

MT342H - ROPS model with Hydrostatic transmission
MT342HC - Cab model with Hydrostatic transmission
MT342 - ROPS with geared transmission
MT342C - Cab with geared transmission
Perfect...thanks!

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #25  
Exactly what @ptsg said. If you look into the data as I have been doing, there are minor differences related to those variations.

As one would expect, the weight (511 lbs) and height are different between the 'C' and non-C, models. The 'H' models have a little less HP (2.1) coming off of the PTO, like every similar tractor. The cab models have an extra 1.8 gallons of fuel tank capacity. Also, the cabbed models get 3 rear remotes standard versus the 2 in the non-cabbed versions.
One thing I'm finding, unlike cars, technical info seems hard to find, IE owners manual online just to overview, get some insight into maintenance, and the H/HC and C designations...people who are new to the technology are at a disadvantage...as I hate talking to stealerships....

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #26  

I'm also finding out as I dig deeper, these outfits post their supplied generic information about the unit without anything specific pertaining to the actual unit except for hours...

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #27  
LS is on my list too... mainly due to value and # of dealers in our vicinity, I wish the loader height was higher. I don’t know that I’ll need the extra reach, but it does have the lowest in its class. All other specs are basically in line with other CUTs.
I can’t fine a single tractor Im interested in, in stock, so it’s doubtful I’ll be able to test drive one.

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #28  
FYI the HC models still come with 2 remotes. I had a 342H and now have a 347HC.

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #29  
This is my first tractor, but spent two years comparison shopping.

I went with the ls mt3 57 hydro cab and I am happy. It comes with a LOT of features that are optional/upgrades on others:
3 rear remotes
neutral pto (allows you to turn pto while hooking up implement- super useful)
linked pedal (this is something I thought I would use, but dont really use)
exterior 3 point lower/lift handle
all standard

/ More impressed with LS MT3 series tractor #30  
I have the MT357HC and tractor wise I haven't really found a weak point. Engine and PTO power hasn't been an issue.

I'd ask that you look at the brands again because LS doesn't lose more engine to PTO power than the others. They seem to be in line with the other manufacturer's. JD and Massey lose about 14hp and LS is about 12hp.

Ground clearance is always going to be the rear axle. Tough to get around that without taller tires. Certainly haven't run into an issue with ground clearance.

Really look at rear drawbar and PTO distancing as some don't use the standard dimensions. Kubota is one that comes to mind. This can limit PTO drawbar pulled implements. LS meets the standard.

LS uses a 1.9L 3 cylinder diesel and others use a 2.1-2.3L (roughly) 4 cylinder diesel. Displacement wise it's a decent sized engine. The 4 cylinders of Kubota, JD, and Massey will have more torque, smoother running, and should cost more due to the size and added balance shafts. The LS 3 cylinder is capable of easily doubling it's hp numbers as you can find 1.5-1.6L diesels making over 100hp reliably.

Edit:

Couple things I wish was better was loader lift height, center console and steering wheel sit to low.

Mine listed for about $35-36k. A comparable JD 4066R is $59.5k. Now folks will pay less than list but you cannot make up that difference.
I just bought a MX6000 open station with loader for $38k.