What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,081  
I like your wire mesh grill protection, been considering doing pretty much the same thing but never thought of using Bolts to hold it in place. Do you plan on painting it and if you do what color ?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,082  
not a welder either, would like more detail on that bolt on solution as well

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,083  
Hello,
on the mesh I used 1/4x20 carrage bolts 6 inch then cut them off with my 4 inch cutoff wheel after . on the back of the mesh i used 1/4X1X20 1/4 inch strap to keep it tight againts the tubes .
i will paint it on a good day or wait until after winter and paint it then , I use rust-oleum safety blue for the color match the the LS tractor you can get it at Lowes that where i picked it up for me .
Jake
5Jn1ZLU.jpg

ins9MXV.jpg

MmZzmsd.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,084  
Tried out the new flail mower and we're very happy with it thus far. It shredded berries into nothing, really great! :)

Before, after and during250063076_413327626955309_5627420383459267609_n.jpg249727175_401487664804791_93193487403441371_n.jpg249575378_4773521446025618_4340157554679967489_n.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,085  
I've been looking to add on a tool box on the back of my cab. Got tired of running around for tools.

Anyone have a good solution for a cab mounted tool box - prefer it at the back since that's where I'm doing most of my tool work. LS MT352 - here's a pic of a bracket that's already there.

I dont care if I cant open the rear window because AC and heat so not a huge concern. Been looking for a tool box add-on. Be nice if they made a bracket to hold a tool box.

20211031_140748.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,086  
I would say that is were your SMV sign should be

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,087  
Paid $24.45 for a brandnew toolbox that’s actually made for a 8N Ford tractor. Its made of steel and 11 inches long so it’s the ideal size to fit on the rear of my tractor cab. Now I will have a handy spot to store small three point hookup parts
View attachment 717341
View attachment 717338
View attachment 717337

and if you go to page 205 of this thread post #2044 shows a different toolbox I mounted on the side of the front end loader, that one cost about $50 with the bracket .

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,088  
I've been looking to add on a tool box on the back of my cab. Got tired of running around for tools.

Anyone have a good solution for a cab mounted tool box - prefer it at the back since that's where I'm doing most of my tool work. LS MT352 - here's a pic of a bracket that's already there.

I dont care if I cant open the rear window because AC and heat so not a huge concern. Been looking for a tool box add-on. Be nice if they made a bracket to hold a tool box.

View attachment 719123
These tractors dont have many options for a tool box mounted somewhere. I'd either look at what @Cycledude has done or remove your right step and make a box mount there. Thats what I did. Go here at the 4:26 mark to see my tool box.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,089  
@Avenger nice VID thanks for the tip, was thinking about a 50cal ammo box. Seen a few of them and yeah never used that step either. Your tractor looks exactly the same as mine.

No sure what the differences are between the XR and MT series but looking at them I dont see any diff cept I have a 3rd remote and the I got a handle and control for the 3pt hitch. hope you got yours straightened out. It's pretty handy fer sure when hooking up implements. Not sure I'd be able to live without it tbh. It was extremely helpful when setting up and cutting down the drive shaft for the tiller. Pheeeew that was a pita to fit and cut.

Gonna till another garden spot for taters for next spring and go down into the woods and scrape up some leaf mold and top dress if I can get into the woods. We've got 7" of rain in the last 7 days non-stop.

Sun out today still cannot cut grass even with the zero-turn. With cool/cold weather and rain non-stop for a week. Grass is trying to seed now and the ticks are on the march.

Pic of tiller:
20211027_124409.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,090  
I would say that is were your SMV sign should be
Probably but wouldn't be able to open the rear window. Not that it matters not sure how much use I'd get out of the rear window tbh. Specially with a brush hog or any implement really. Lil dusty out there.
The current location of my SMV I've already hit it with the tiller during drive shaft set up oopsie.