Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #121  
Can you throw a rope over a thick tree limb and pull the tailgate hinge end up in the air high enough, then back trailer over to tailgate, the push tailgate a few inches to locate hinges ?
Or lift the hinge side up(or the whole gate) and set it on something the same height of the trailer pins. Back trailer up and get longer pin first then other pin/hinge. One of my pins are longer than the other one. Yes the gate is heavy. Helps to have second person helping. Jon

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #122  
Can you throw a rope over a thick tree limb and pull the tailgate hinge end up in the air high enough, then back trailer over to tailgate, the push tailgate a few inches to locate hinges ?
thx

yea, i have those options but i thought someone might have a wizzbang home grown diy solution.

for now the fel is the best option

he//, i could just pick up the zt with my 4 in 1 and carry it to the site!

crunch

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #123  
I recently bought a single axle trailer to haul junk to the dump and to carry my z turn to an area about 1/2 mile from the house.

It has one of those large tailgates that when vertical, stick up maybe 3-4 ft above stock trailer walls. The tailgate functions as a ramp that allows me to drive the z turn up on the trailer.

I had to remove the tailgate for something. It's pretty heavy and i can't find an easy way to reinstall it. It locates on 2 steel pins that run horizontally like a hinge along the bottom back edge.

I've considered using the winch on my rtv and a pulley in a tree or something like using the tractor fel to lift the tailgate but.......Anybody have any simple and cheap (free) ideas?
Are you trying to do it with the one end resting on the ground and not holding it vertical? Maybe use a floor jack to help raise it to the correct position??

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #124  
^ bear sixty's got it - floor jack. I always back into my shop when I need to remove or reinstall the ramp gate on my 6x12 landscape trailer - lower the gate to the floor, and roll the big floor jack right under the trailer side of the tailgate to support it. Easy peasy.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #125  
My nephew could not find a used enclosed trailer so he bought a new 7x18 for $7500 this weekend.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #127  
thx

yea, i have those options but i thought someone might have a wizzbang home grown diy solution.

for now the fel is the best option

he//, i could just pick up the zt with my 4 in 1 and carry it to the site!

crunch
Maybe try something like this? It's on northern tool website costs $160 or so.

Gorilla-Lift 2-Sided Trailer Tailgate Lift Assist, Model# 40101042G/GOR2LIFT​

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #128  
^^^ Nice, sure would like to have one of those!
I am planning to sell mine (20' -14K) on CL or E-Bay.
Google estimates only a 3,181 mile trip for you.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #129  
I am planning to sell mine (20' -14K) on CL or E-Bay.
Google estimates only a 3,181 mile trip for you.
Do you offer free shipping? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #130