Loader B2231 brand new - big problem with stability

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #1  

maciek8791

Tractor
Yanmar
Hello, since three days I am a happy owner of b2231 cab with FL.

So far I used the machine mainly for FEL work (moving dirt and sand).

I have very serious issue with the stability of rear wheels. I have watched several videos about the FL safety, therefore I keep the loader low when its full. But still, even a small hole in the ground and I have very bad effect - when rear tires hit the obstacle the whole cabin is bouncing left and right. I can manage that by driving carefully and slow, but I wonder if this is maybe tires or rear ballast issue. I join a photo of my machine. Don't You think that those tires are too narrow? The problem is that my dealer allready told me, that he cannot offer any spacers to make the machine wider and he also refused to offer any additional ballast in the tires. At the moment I am only thinking of attaching the box blade at the back which will come on next week - it has weight of 260kgs. Thanks in advance of any comment, for me this is a safety issue, I am just not sure if my setup is correct, maybe those tires are simply too small?

IMG_4874.jpg

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #2  
Do you use it on slopes? All tractors bounce like this when hitting holes etc, should not be a stability issue on flat ground and the loader low to the ground. Of course a small tractor with small wheels doesn't have a lot of ride comfort, but a rear weight will help to keep load of the front axle and the rear down on the ground.

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #3  
When your running loads in your FEL you will need to offset some weight. The box blade should be enough for stability but the ride isn’t going to get much better. Ensure your tires have the correct inflation especially the front. This will also help with keeping your FEL level for scooping.

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #4  
Are you operating with any implements or ballast box on the back? If not you should.

Remember that you are operating a SCUT not a crawler loader or industrial wheel loader. If you plan to do a lot of earth moving you should consider a bigger and more suitable machine. Maybe consider a skidsteer. Otherwise go slow, use a heavy ballast and avoid sudden movements and sharp turns. Your bucket looks nice but its pretty long meaning it pushes your center of gravity forward like a set of forks would. That might be part of what you are seeing stability wise.

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #5  

I have very serious issue with the stability of rear wheels. I have watched several videos about the FL safety, therefore I keep the loader low when its full. But still, even a small hole in the ground and I have very bad effect - when rear tires hit the obstacle the whole cabin is bouncing left and right. I can manage that by driving carefully and slow, but I wonder if this is maybe tires or rear ballast issue. I join a photo of my machine. Don't You think that those tires are too narrow? The problem is that my dealer allready told me, that he cannot offer any spacers to make the machine wider and he also refused to offer any additional ballast in the tires. At the moment I am only thinking of attaching the box blade at the back which will come on next week - it has weight of 260kgs. Thanks in advance of any comment, for me this is a safety issue, I am just not sure if my setup is correct, maybe those tires are simply too small?

View attachment 664314

Sounds like you need a ballast box.

SDT

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #6  
for one when the bucket is loaded you should always travel with it close to the ground.

so how much do you have in the tires now? were they not loaded as much as possible when the dealer did it the first time?

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #7  
You need some weight on the back. Tractors aren’t designed for loader use without counter weight. My L3800 is barely enough with loaded tires and a box blade. You need more weight than just the BB but anything is better than nothing.

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #8  

View attachment 664314

Spacers and tire ballast is available for that machine. You have to pay for them. Did you discuss price with the dealer?

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #9  
not a big fan of a lot of weight banging around on the 3-point linkage. We see posts about broken linkage or broken tractors.
Ballast in the tires doesnt wear anything on the tractor, doesnt overload bearings etc. Hopefully the bucket is paired with the tractor so it wont hold more then the tractor should handle.
I am quite pleased with my Kioti. Ever since I filled my rear tires I have never needed any counterbalance.
I can carry a full bucket and comfortably move around and still be stable to the ground. I have a 15-20 degree incline area at the end of the orchard. With the bucket full it climbs it nicely.

/ B2231 brand new - big problem with stability #10  
Do you have your rears at the widest spacing possible?
My M4700 has 5 or so possible widths for the rears. I don't know about the B2231.