how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system

/ how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system #1  

ns_in_tex

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 HSTC, International 2400, Hesston 1280,
I am wanting to build a ventura suction tube into my lawn sprinkler system, so as to fertilize with the sprinklers.
Does anyone know how to do this or where to get the info?
We have made a couple stabs, but so far have not managed to create the vacuum on the suction tube.
Our discharge pipe is 2" and stations probably range from 25 to 50 GPM when watering. 55 PSI pump max pressure.
Most stations run in the range from 40 to 50 PSI at the pump.

/ how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system #2  
I am wanting to build a ventura suction tube into my lawn sprinkler system, so as to fertilize with the sprinklers.
Does anyone know how to do this or where to get the info?
We have made a couple stabs, but so far have not managed to create the vacuum on the suction tube.
Our discharge pipe is 2" and stations probably range from 25 to 50 GPM when watering. 55 PSI pump max pressure.
Most stations run in the range from 40 to 50 PSI at the pump.

Precisely what does that mean?
A simple solution is fertilizer in pressurized tank running higher pressure than sprinkler pump hold's on system.

/ how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system #3  
I know nothing about fertilizing a lawn through the sprinkler system but I hope you have the sprinkler system isolated from the drinking water system.

/ how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system
Precisely what does that mean?
A simple solution is fertilizer in pressurized tank running higher pressure than sprinkler pump hold's on system.

"that" means we have 8 watering zones with different amount of heads. The 40 to 50 PSI is the pressure at the pump with the different zones watering.

We were hoping for a simpler solution if what we have read is true. Just a ventura tube from the fertilizer tank to the sprinkler line.
So I understand, this is possible with a orfice (ventura) in the line to drop pressure maybe 20% and is supposed to create a vacuum on the suction tube.

I know nothing about fertilizing a lawn through the sprinkler system but I hope you have the sprinkler system isolated from the drinking water system.

Yes, no connection. Water is pumped from pond into holding tank, then on to sprinkler system.

Ok, when we found our first info, we were seeing prices in the hundreds of $. Now that I found it is spelled venturi instead of ventura, we are coming up with a lot more and less expensive info. Give me a little time & see if I can come up with my cheap solution.
Thanks,

/ how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system #8  
Ok, when we found our first info, we were seeing prices in the hundreds of $. Now that I found it is spelled venturi instead of ventura, we are coming up with a lot more and less expensive info. Give me a little time & see if I can come up with my cheap solution.
Thanks,

Right, Ventura was a governor of MN for four years, you can't buy him cheap.

/ how to fertilize lawn through sprinkler system #9  
I think this is what you're looking for. It should suck the fertilizer solution out of the holding tank (non-pressurized). The problem you may have is controlling the rate of application.

473-210 at FlexPVC.com