Test Drives?

/ Test Drives? #1  

g8erh8er

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HC
Just curious if any who have purchased a RK tractor were able to actually drive one prior to sealing the deal?

Was told by my local RK that a test drive was not permitted due to liability reasons. I get that, but it's still hard to swallow dropping 30K on something without even turning the key on.

/ Test Drives? #2  
Yes my local store allows test drives. I don't know why they wouldn't allow that either. Maybe RK Tractor guy should look into that.

/ Test Drives?
Yes my local store allows test drives. I don't know why they wouldn't allow that either. Maybe RK Tractor guy should look into that.

This particular store is located in a congested area, so the only place one could conceivably operate the tractor without dodging parked/driving cars would be in the alley along the back of the store where I'm assuming they accept their deliveries. So the ability to offer test drives is likely dependent upon a store's surroundings.

When I go in with $$ in hand, I'm at least going to request we get the engine cranked and allow me to work the loader and 3 pt controls. Not a whole lot more you can test on a stationary tractor.

/ Test Drives? #4  
Not sure what size you're looking at, but unless you're dead set on red, you might want to look around a bit. I just used their configurator and the unit comparable to mine comes in at about 3K higher than I paid. And that doesn't add on their 7% financing rate.

/ Test Drives? #5  
I used the parking lot to test drive the tractors. At our store there is decent room depending on the time of day you go. After 9am it looks like Black Friday at Walmart and that's during through the week. Weekends are worst.

/ Test Drives? #6  
When I bought my M6040 I "sort of" drove it around the lot. Small lot - lots of tractor and new implements everywhere - one very nervous salesman. I got to start it and operate all the controls. Even the New Holland dealer, who is way out in the sticks, does not have a big field where prospective owner can play.

It would be fantastic if the dealer had a 40 acre field where you could try new equipment prior to purchase - that just isn't the way things stack up - unfortunately.

/ Test Drives? #7  
Not sure what size you're looking at, but unless you're dead set on red, you might want to look around a bit. I just used their configurator and the unit comparable to mine comes in at about 3K higher than I paid. And that doesn't add on their 7% financing rate.

At RK, we take pride in offering the lowest prices. Would be interested in knowing the brand, model and year of your tractor and the RK model you compared it to. We’d really like to know if there is anyone out there that can beat us on a comparably equipped tractor.

/ Test Drives? #8  
This particular store is located in a congested area, so the only place one could conceivably operate the tractor without dodging parked/driving cars would be in the alley along the back of the store where I'm assuming they accept their deliveries. So the ability to offer test drives is likely dependent upon a store's surroundings.

When I go in with $$ in hand, I'm at least going to request we get the engine cranked and allow me to work the loader and 3 pt controls. Not a whole lot more you can test on a stationary tractor.

What store did you visit where they didn’t allow you to drive the tractor? I can take care of that.

/ Test Drives? #9  
At RK, we take pride in offering the lowest prices. Would be interested in knowing the brand, model and year of your tractor and the RK model you compared it to. We’d really like to know if there is anyone out there that can beat us on a comparably equipped tractor.

It's in my sig. I paid around $18,500 including a 48" tiller and middlebuster/subsoiler. The tiller and MB/SS are KingKutter which I think is the same one RK sells.

The RK24 TLBM with 48" tiller and middlebuster shows on the configurator at around $21,300 or so.

I got interest under 5% too. My total payback including interest will be around $22K whereas the RK24 would end up costing closer to $27K.

/ Test Drives? #10  
Just curious if any who have purchased a RK tractor were able to actually drive one prior to sealing the deal?

Was told by my local RK that a test drive was not permitted due to liability reasons. I get that, but it's still hard to swallow dropping 30K on something without even turning the key on.

When I test drove the RK74 in Tennessee it was in the parking lot among the cars. The tractor guy wasn't concerned at all. I thought it said a lot about the company that they trust their customers that much. I'm sure rk tractor guy will get it squared away for you.