New house finally under way

/ New house finally under way
Anxious about the well. Hope that goes well (pun intended).

I'd be a nervous wreck to be that far along and not have water. We don't any aquifer to hit here. Just try to hit a vein that adequately produces.
We expect to go 300'+.

I went up a while ago and they were at 180'. Likely close to 300 now. I'll check after work.

320' and only about 1gpm. They'll be going deeper tomorrow.

/ New house finally under way #53  
Mine went 90 feet to granite and 380 feet to get 3 gpm.

/ New house finally under way #54  
Hoping it works!!!!

What is plan B if it doesn't?

I am Blessed to have Rural Water access. Before we started building I had the meter installed and water running.

Hoping it works!!!!

What is plan B if it doesn't?

I am Blessed to have Rural Water access. Before we started building I had the meter installed and water running.
We have county water available but don't want to pay their rates for watering my wife's gardens.

I'm not too concerned. Usually around 300' is the sweet spot, and wells around here are generally max of 400'. He has done a few lately a ways south of here that have gone 600 - 800.

/ New house finally under way #56  
I never could justify a well vs. rural water, even filling a pool and watering a garden my bill averaged $20-$50 a month more (average $30) about 8 months of the year = $240 a year.

/ New house finally under way #57  
I don't know much about wells. I assume you pay per how many feet deep they are run or some component of the cost depends on how deep it is?

Woo hoo. Passed framing inspection. I get it dried in now. Hopefully that'll allow me to get some heat and work through winter.

I have to double check quote. I think it was 300' then $12 per foot beyond that.

/ New house finally under way #60  
My well was ?$ for drilling plus casing per foot and a little less per drilled foot. Adding cost for pump and tank install.