Diesel Antifreeze

/ Diesel Antifreeze #11  
Differences between the OAT and HOAT types:
Diesel Coolants: The Right Fluid For The Right Application

I looked at the manual for my 2017 Bobcat and it just says to use propylene glycol (purple), and DO NOT mix with ethylene glycol. (green)
The two glycol types (PG and EG) are IAT type coolants (INORGANIC ADDITIVE TECHNOLOGY)

Interesting to say the least..................:confused2:

Last edited:
   / Diesel Antifreeze
Before I go out and buy a couple gallons of antifreeze, I decided to call a couple of the companies that market the antifreeze and get their recommendation on which type to use. Zerex could not suggest a type to use because the tech guy said I could not provide enough info about the engine.
PEAK, on the other hand pulled up info on the Mitsubishi S4L family of engines and brass/copper radiator and told me I could use their Final Charge Global (OAT) or the Fleet Charge that contains SCAs. I'm opting for the Final Charge. good for 8 years. Naturally I have to flush the engine out first.

/ Diesel Antifreeze
Yep, another fella suggested the G-05 antifreeze and I was ready to go with it, but wanting to confirm that it'd be ok and that the tech guy at Zerex could not recommend one of their types of antifreeze and the PEAK tech fella went the extra mile and actually looked up the specs. for the motor I decide to go with the Final Charge. I'd think the G-05 would be good too but.........

/ Diesel Antifreeze #15  
just a reminder.
use distilled water for the flush.
reduce introducing more TDS into you cooling system.
carry on...:thumbsup:

/ Diesel Antifreeze #16  
Before I go out and buy a couple gallons of antifreeze, I decided to call a couple of the companies that market the antifreeze and get their recommendation on which type to use. Zerex could not suggest a type to use because the tech guy said I could not provide enough info about the engine.
PEAK, on the other hand pulled up info on the Mitsubishi S4L family of engines and brass/copper radiator and told me I could use their Final Charge Global (OAT) or the Fleet Charge that contains SCAs. I'm opting for the Final Charge. good for 8 years. Naturally I have to flush the engine out first.

I switched to Peak Final Charge after research. Seems to be the long lasting, while being very accommodating. It mixes with other types of antifreeze without issues (up to 25%). It also can be used with regular water if you don't have distilled handy. Even knowing this I still drained my system completely and used distilled when refilling. I have used the premixed Final Charge too, for convenience.

/ Diesel Antifreeze #17  
My local farm store doesn't even carry propylene glycol antifreeze.:thumbdown:

/ Diesel Antifreeze
I switched to Peak Final Charge after research. Seems to be the long lasting, while being very accommodating. It mixes with other types of antifreeze without issues (up to 25%). It also can be used with regular water if you don't have distilled handy. Even knowing this I still drained my system completely and used distilled when refilling. I have used the premixed Final Charge too, for convenience.

Did you remove the lower radiator hose from the engine block to let it drain fully? I checked my engine and there are no drain plugs that I can see so I figure I'll pop the lower hose off the block to let it drain better.

/ Diesel Antifreeze #19  
Did you remove the lower radiator hose from the engine block to let it drain fully? I checked my engine and there are no drain plugs that I can see so I figure I'll pop the lower hose off the block to let it drain better.
If there's no radiator drain then I remove the hose. I also drain the block by using the petcock drain on the side (I'm lucky to have them on most of mine).

/ Diesel Antifreeze #20  
What do you guys do with your antifreeze when you drain it? Recycle center, or something? When I change my oil, I take the old back to Walmart for recycling, but I don't know about antifreeze.

Edit: And while we're at it, is there some primer somewhere on how to flush your radiator? :) I was looking at the Peak web site and see they sell a "flush and fill kit"..... Do I need something like that or do I just fill it up with distilled water and then drain it?