JD 5085M power reverser flashing N

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #11  
Fluid & Filter change didn't fix it.

I swapped all relays around & still getting the PR & Neutral light flashing & won't take gear.

My fuse box label DOES match my dual fuse boxes. I wasn't reading it correctly lol

IDK what else to do ?

Last edited:
   / JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #12  
Are you seeing an error code flashing across the LED screen? What is the error message? Next step would be a short phone call to your local JD shop foreman.

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #13  
No codes.
Local dealers haven't pointed me in the right direction so far.
I put a fuse in diagnostic port n fuse box, turned the switch on & dash read
00 00 Idk what this means ?
No codes I'm assuming.

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #14  
Possible you have low hydraulic pressure or fwd/rev selonoids are acting up.

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #15  
Possible you have low hydraulic pressure or fwd/rev selonoids are acting up.

I was gonna replace $99 trans pressure sensor on reverser control valve but no local dealers has one in stock.

It takes gear every single time this am while cold.

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #16  
I'd say low pressure. Does it do it soon as you go into gear or after a couple seconds. Mine does it in forward after I get it hot. If I give it some throttle, it will take off.

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #17  
I'd say low pressure. Does it do it soon as you go into gear or after a couple seconds. Mine does it in forward after I get it hot. If I give it some throttle, it will take off.

The dash lights flash as soon as you shift power reverser lever into forward or reverse with rpm at idle or 1/2 throttle either one. It doesn't matter.

Problem was worse after 10mins of use.

After multiple shifts when it finally takes gear & working fine moving in F or R : the lights flash & beeps then trans quits pulling.
So this happens both sitting still OR driving & 3 times out of 5 tries.

It worked 5-6hrs today flawless.

I'm thinking maybe an elc plug wasn't making good connection on power reverser control valve on left side of trans.

I bought a PR switch AND trans low pressure sensor ill replace one at a time IF it acts up again.

Last edited:
   / JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #18  
Check the switches you have for normally open or normally closed, they you can diagnose the ones on the tractor with a volt/ohm meter. If you have a infrared heat gun, that would be a plus.

I have come to the conclusion that the JD sensors are not the best. Not sure who they are sourcing them from (CHINA) but it has cost them a lot of money. I replaces 4 hydraulic sensors (myself, 5 under warranty) on my 8310R, and have had a three other sensors replaced by a JD tech in the field. The last two that were replaced had plastic threads and were over torqued from the factory. You are suppose to be able to clean them (wheel speed sensors that are magnetic and will collect wear materials), but he could not screw them back in as the threads were distorted. Lovely!

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #19  
I have a 2010 JD 5085m lately it's got to where the N light will flash when you put it in forward or reverse. Usually you can just flip it back to neutral and it will stop flashing then it's good to go. This time it just keeps flashing no matter what it do. Any suggestions?

Have John Deere dealer diagnose vehicle.

/ JD 5085M power reverser flashing N #20  
Have John Deere dealer diagnose vehicle.

Isn't that easy when the JD dealer is 3 towns away, your needing work DONE & limping it along to get by. Very Frustrating when you've bought the Cadillac of farm tractors to NOT have issues.

Mine doesn't give a DTC & I can hang parts on it attempting fixes lol.