What do you let your dog chew on?

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #51  
How long do the bully sticks last?:D

Tom, are we talk'en about Old Smiley's (Bully Dog's) "KONG Safestick Dog Toy"........... a good 6 months of intense play sessions. CAUTION: Do Not Open the Brown Paper Package in the Post Office in plain view of customers or neighbors, the color is blinding :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_4914.JPG
    IMG_4914.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
   / What do you let your dog chew on? #52  
Tom, are we talk'en about Old Smiley's (Bully Dog's) "KONG Safestick Dog Toy"........... a good 6 months of intense play sessions. CAUTION: Do Not Open the Brown Paper Package in the Post Office in plain view of customers or neighbors, the color is blinding :eek:

Wow. Those last for you? With our dogs, a couple of sessions have completely mutilated it.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #53  
Wow. Those last for you

Stowe Boy - Yes, under supervised play (throwing and fetching) however, in my previous post I indicated I had to shorten the length and cut the balls off the ends after he about knocked himself out doing the typical Terrier Shake, it's part of their prey instinct.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #55  
We had a malinois that was supposedly bred in Holland then imported and trained to find drugs but was put up for adoption. We had a trainer evaluate his drug finding abilities and he could indeed sniff them out. He also was trained to protect his handler. I found that out one day when my wife was walking him and met me with my Stihl weed wacking visor/headphone on.

I think he washed out as a drug dog because outside he had his ajenda and would not come until he was darn well ready. When I used to walk him and my French Beauceron around the farm, I would keep a leash on both until about halfway through the walk then release them and they would stay with me. In the house, he was happy with a rope toy to chew on with an occasional half an hour of "tug" time. I used to get those big ropes from TSC for him. They lasted quite awhile.

He is gone now, having had his hips go. I would not seek one out but would gladly take one in if need be. Absolutely, the breed needs a job, some more than others.

Dogs to indeed wash out, I have to wonder how he was obedience trained. Sounds like something went wrong in that area during training. But maybe not, Some just don't cut it.

/ What do you let your dog chew on?
Well I am trying the bully sticks and they seem to work. Now I need to find a less expensive source than the pet store.

/ What do you let your dog chew on?
I also tried a himalayan bone. Those things seem hard as a rock but the new dog (border collie) was able chip off pieces fairly well. Too expensive for me.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #59  
My wife and I have been foster parents for an animal rescue since 2011 and have had over 500 dogs thru our house. She found a product named "Benebone". Cost around $10 but will last a very long time and comes in a few different flavors. She swears by them. Just make sure they don't leave in the yard. They don't mix well with finish mowers.

/ What do you let your dog chew on? #60  
The wife was running out of slippers that were not chewed on. I told her it was a sign of affection, but that didn't go far. So I figured I better get the new dog something to chew on. I am trying the compressed rawhide. So far so good if I take them away after a couple of hours and if I watch for the stick getting too small where they can be swallowed. That would seem to me to create a digestion problem.

We let our dogs chew on and eat salespersons, JW's and my daughter's ex boyfriends.