Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue!

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #31  
Don't get stuck in the mud in Massachusetts :)

[video]http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30354823/local-man-stuck-with-48000-towing-bill?utm_campaign=Socialflow+Facebook&utm_source=socialflow&utm_medium=Faceboook[/video]

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #32  
$48k and 12 hours to pull that out. I have seen times were suction builds up under trucks which can make them harder to pull out than they appear, but 12 hours is ridiculous.

Wonder why they needed an on site supervisor to pull a stuck jeep out of the mud?

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #33  
$48k and 12 hours to pull that out. I have seen times were suction builds up under trucks which can make them harder to pull out than they appear, but 12 hours is ridiculous.

Wonder why they needed an on site supervisor to pull a stuck jeep out of the mud?
Supposedly powerlines in the area which posed a hazard in the extraction of the Jeep. Supervisor was there to ensure safety(?)

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #34  
Supposedly powerlines in the area which posed a hazard in the extraction of the Jeep. Supervisor was there to ensure safety(?)

If it was a county job......there would have been 3 or 4 supervisors there and it would have taken at least 24 hours.

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #35  
What 3 states would that be? I'm guessing you may have not been to KC for BBQ. :licking:

Hah. A bit of unsubstantiated braggadocio there, but let's just say Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas...and I know the Texicans make some great BBQ...but they should...the majority of their BBQ smokers have at least two axles.

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue!

Shoulda called a country boy with a tractor!!
Travis

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #37  
Travis

I heard that! Just thinking about all the guys that I have pulled out from under the power lines for nothing. Around here it "ant" no big thing.

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #39  
Travis
From what I heard, the someone from the tow company was running down the powerline easement, found him stuck, called the police, who then called the same tow company out to pull him out (he was trespassing on a powerline easement).
Nothing shady or self serving there...

Aaron Z

/ Blake Shelton and his Tractor to the Rescue! #40  

Mark, please don't take this as dissing you in any way shape or form, my remarks entirely address just the claims of the tow truck company.

There are innumerable high voltage lines through residential areas, parks, school grounds etc. so for the tow truck company to claim those particular power lines presented a hazard is bullshit. Not only that, as a Journeyman Lineman I doubt any "Supervisor" working for a tow truck company would have a clue about what voltage was on the lines let alone know a thing about "how to ensure safety" around them.

Last edited: