Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #41  
I married a widow. One of the things she taught me is that the one left behind will find a dark place once things settle down and everyone else gets back to their lives. It is then that the comments we post here will be so important. They will go searching for confirmation that the one they lost was important to others. That's when our comments will be a salve for the soul.

Mike was a man of many talents. His corner kitchen drawer design is probably the most requested photo on my IPad. When my wife starts talking kitchen cabinets she invariably asks me to pull up a photo of it for show and tell.

Harv,
Do you have a photo of Mike and Bernice's kitchen center island? I think Mike made that also.
He sure was proud of it. Mike showed me how he installed his home's mini cell tower signal booster antenna and system. He inspired me enough to buy and install my own and I did away with my land line.
hugs, Brandi

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #42  
Bernice called and is looking for pictures of Mike for the funeral that will be set to music. One in particular is when he is holding a straw hat looking up. It might have been his avatar 10 years ago. If anyone finds any pics please PM me for Bernice's e-mail.

Bernice said she will not be able to get the educational fund set up before the funeral. I'll see what I can do Monday and keep TBN informed.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #43  
Bernice called and is looking for pictures of Mike for the funeral that will be set to music. One in particular is when he is holding a straw hat looking up. It might have been his avatar 10 years ago. If anyone finds any pics please PM me for Bernice's e-mail.

Bernice said she will not be able to get the educational fund set up before the funeral. I'll see what I can do Monday and keep TBN informed.
Thanks Don. Do you know how Mike died, exactly? It would be a big help here on TBN to know so others can be more cautious, doing what ever job Mike was working on.
hugs, Brandi

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #47  
Please delete if not appropriate, but this is what Mikes son posted on his FB page. It moved me and I wanted to share it with those that new Mike

"Dad, I finished putting new blades on the mower and mowed the front pasture. Thanks for bringing the clouds in. Shade was nice. Jimmy got around the house and the big oaks. Larry helped me change the water filter in the well house. I borrowed your truck for a couple of days. Mines in the shop. I know, I know it's a Chevy...but I like it, so..... I'm struggling Dad. I'm dying inside. I don't know why God called you home so early. I'm guessing he had chores that needed to be done. You always said yall were close and that "hard work is good for the soul". I'm mad at God right now, but he knows I still love him. I'm thankful he sent you to be my Dad. I got your lessons down. Work hard, be thankful, help others but don't be a crutch, and love your family. Bernice told me how you "tested" the electric fence. Said you bent down and zapped your forehead lol! We got a laugh outta that. smile emoticon Bernice misses you. We're loving on her as much as we can. We got people coming to the house next week to see you off. BBQ with Friends and family. You made quite an impression down here. I guess I can see why God took notice. Ill bring the boys by more often to visit with Bernice. I know youll be there too. In the rumble of a tractor, swaying of the trees with the breeze. The wild berries u planted, and the joy the grandkids get riding the buggy around the fields. Give Aunt Paige and Grandma a hug and kiss for me. Tell Daniel and Janet their brother loves and misses them. And watch out for Grandpa! I'm sure he's gonna give you a run for you money now haha!...... I love you SO much....you're my hero.....anyway, I know you've got fields of gold to tend to....I'll see you when my chores are through down here.
— feeling heartbroken."

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend
Bernice e-mailed me this: "Don, can you get the word out that in lieu of flowers we would like donations made in Michael Kennedy's name to The Wounded Warrior Project."

Veterans Charity Organization that Honors & Empowers Wounded Warriors | Wounded Warrior Project

That sounds like Mike and Bernice, of course; thinking of others. However, I think there should be a few flowers, too, and since we've already ordered flowers to be delivered on the 23rd, I'm not going to try to cancel that order.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #49  
Please delete if not appropriate, but this is what Mikes son posted on his FB page. It moved me and I wanted to share it with those that new Mike
While the names and some of the specifics might be different, all of us who have lost our dads know what Mikim's son posted expresses our feelings about our dads.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #50  
Wow Eddie! Thanks for sharing that.
hugs, Brandi