Barn Cat?

/ Barn Cat? #141  
If you think that in any sense of the word it is "acceptable" to abuse animals...then yes...but not before you suffer the same abuse...!

Again, please clarify where I or anyone else stated it's okay to abuse animals??? Where do you get that idea??

Have you ever terminated a human?

/ Barn Cat? #142  
Humans are animals, just like all of the other animals. Animals want to survive. Some do, some don't. Humans are efficient killers. They certainly have changed this planet - often for the worst.
There are degrees of responsibility that we are willing to accept as individuals. That's a personal choice. Farming is often about killing, as well as giving life to things. I'll mercy kill, but not for any other reason. I vowed as a kid watching my step father load up for the slaughterhouse, that I would never do this. The only animals we have are ones who will die on our property of natural causes. I like pork, beef but we will never own these animals because I don't want to be directly involved in their deaths. Our animals are part of our family- once we take it in - we don't turn around and sell it.
This is my way of doing things. I have no problem with others doing as they need to.
I just recognize that every living creature wants to survive as much as I do, cats included!

Nothing wrong with that.

/ Barn Cat? #143  
This is getting kind of deep. Better put your Boots on.

/ Barn Cat? #145  
Again, please clarify where I or anyone else stated it's okay to abuse animals??? Where do you get that idea??

Have you ever terminated a human?

YOU said in post # 130:
In my opinion, what you lack is the ability to understand that it might be acceptable to someone...
When directly replying to a post that was entirely about the abuse/neglect of animals...
...Therefore you are saying that you "understand" abusing animals could be acceptable but some don't understand that others think it's OK...?

I don't care what they are called (barn cats etc.) if you provide anything, including the shelter of a barn and maybe an occasional saucer of milk or a few food scraps every now and then...it is YOUR animal and you have the responsibility to care for it...period...BTW, some states have laws that make you a criminal if you don't...

/ Barn Cat? #146  
...the head comes off, I'm dead....

Don't let Ted Williams hear you say that...!

/ Barn Cat? #147  
I'll stick with my cats, all female, all fixed, three are teenager kittens, the fourth an adult. When I work in the shop, they leave me alone. When I take a rest (which is often since a) I'm retired; b) not on a clock and c) my wife can't see me), the three kittens/teenagers come running to get their daily dose of rubbin' and lovin' It's getting so that all they have to do is get near me and they start purring!

Now we are talking. Some good snoozing. Snoring and purring.

/ Barn Cat? #149  
He does hundreds of pets every month or two, the standard practice is to strap the pets down belly up and cut them open often with little to no pain killer. Same with yanking out the claws on cats or dogs Most times they cut off tails dew claws and cats claws with no pain meds...

Mark

Operating without pain meds - the butcher/vet should be arrested and spend a few years behind bars.

For clarification - one does not "yank" out a dog's claws. Unlike cats, where the claw is in soft tissue, dog claws are in the bone. Removing a dog's claws is a major surgery and can have a very unfortunate outcome.

/ Barn Cat? #150  
In my opinion, what you lack is the ability to understand that it might be acceptable to someone, if it's not acceptable to you.

Animals suffering has been fabricated in this thread.

And up until now no one has talked about beating their dog, cat or any other animal, again fabricated by you.

Again, the reason this thread is short of acceptance is because of your lack of it. Not the OP's. Not mine. Yours.

You are correct. I will never understand or accept any reasons why someone won't vaccinate their animals against rabies. If they can't afford it, they shouldn't own them. Its just that simple.