Grapple Failure

/ Grapple Failure #111  
I dunno. The grapple is six months out of warranty, and they could always argue that he had used it out of its intended envelope. Giving him a brand new one seems pretty righteous to me. If he doesn't like it, he can always sell it. He'll take a hit, and he's out shipping, but he should be able to do okay since it's new-in-box (metaphorically speaking). Lots of people buy Harbor Freight stuff, do a little improvement on it, and are happy with the results. Maybe this is the same kind of thing.

I agree Wildkat is making an effort but replacing a Chevy Corvair with another identically flawed model doesn't make sense.

/ Grapple Failure #112  
I agree Wildkat is making an effort but replacing a Chevy Corvair with another identically flawed model doesn't make sense.

What was wrong with the Corvair?

/ Grapple Failure #116  

On the turbo 1963 model we owned the- camber change in the rear independent suspension resulted in a large amount of over steer when it was pushed hard in a corner.

but in many ways i liked that car it had decent mileage ,and power- there were just some driving conditions where you knew not to push it to far

/ Grapple Failure #117  
Thanks a lot Ralph

/ Grapple Failure
I dunno. The grapple is six months out of warranty, and they could always argue that he had used it out of its intended envelope. Giving him a brand new one seems pretty righteous to me. If he doesn't like it, he can always sell it. He'll take a hit, and he's out shipping, but he should be able to do okay since it's new-in-box (metaphorically speaking). Lots of people buy Harbor Freight stuff, do a little improvement on it, and are happy with the results. Maybe this is the same kind of thing.

That is my perspective. I plan on keeping the grapple and reinforcing it if needed, to do the job I bought it for. Welding on some extra steel while everything is straight and true is a much easier prospect than repairing one that is already wrecked. I'd like to see them make an improvement to the product by upgrading to 1/4" steel and/or improving whatever else is causing these failures and thrive in business as a result but it is unreasonable, in my opinion, to demand they redesign the product to replace mine with a new and improved model, if they have not made the improvements already. If Whirlpool comes out to repair or replace a broken dishwasher, it would be unreasonable for me to demand that they redesign the dishwasher before replacing the broken one.

/ Grapple Failure #119  
That is my perspective. I plan on keeping the grapple and reinforcing it if needed, to do the job I bought it for. Welding on some extra steel while everything is straight and true is a much easier prospect than repairing one that is already wrecked. I'd like to see them make an improvement to the product by upgrading to 1/4" steel and/or improving whatever else is causing these failures and thrive in business as a result but it is unreasonable, in my opinion, to demand they redesign the product to replace mine with a new and improved model, if they have not made the improvements already. If Whirlpool comes out to repair or replace a broken dishwasher, it would be unreasonable for me to demand that they redesign the dishwasher before replacing the broken one.

I agree. The first thing I would do is drill a 1/4 inch hole in that top tubing and see how thick it is. If it is still 1/8. then reinforce it to distribute the stress and carry on.

/ Grapple Failure #120  

Had a 1960. Going down a long hill, the right rear axle came loose, everything attached (tire, brake etc) slid out till got caught by fender well. Did manage to keep it out of the ditch.