Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,241  
Speaking of pork . . . last night for supper, we had the fully cooked, smoked pork chops from Fischer's. They're different and quite tasty.

Last night Cher made a ham, mashed tators, gravy, corn and homemade buns .. Talk about some good eating .. Today for lunch ham sandwiches .. I sure am enjoying that all natural pork and I really like the way Fischers processes the pork ...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,242  
Jim, I have never been to Sweetie pies...yet.... The place I get them is Old Plantation Meats (a slaughter house).
(

Of course, Sweetie Pies is a restaurant. It's good, but certainly more expensive than buying/cooking yourself.

I'm thinking of getting my garden tilled up, but just didn't feel quite up to it today. I'll plant onion bulbs from TSC instead of onion sets and also a few tomatoes toward the end of March. That'll be it for this year with maybe the exception of a few banana peppers later.

Oh yes, my wife cooked up a big pot of garden green beans and ham today. Dinner tonight will be a delicious celebration of last year's garden.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,243  
Speaking of pork .. I just cut a 700 lb boar .. Well actually I cut him December 22nd .. He'll stay on full all natural feed till April 15th to make sure all the "Boar" taste is out .. He'll dress out about 400 lbs .. I'll have him made into smoked German sausage, hot links, brauts and Cajun sausage .. All links .. About 100 lbs of each .. If anyone is interested I'll be selling it vacuum packed with my farm label processed at Fischers .. In 10 lb boxes .. If your interested pm me ..

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,244  
Last night Cher made a ham, mashed tators, gravy, corn and homemade buns .. Talk about some good eating .. Today for lunch ham sandwiches .. I sure am enjoying that all natural pork and I really like the way Fischers processes the pork ...

Cher!!!:shocked: I met her in Colorado, did some metal work for her!! You lucky dog you BR:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,245  
Bird, we found that Sam's also has some delicious boneless pork chops. We marinate them in pineapple, teriyaki, and I like a little Tobasco Chipotle sauce for a bit of zip. Grilled, they are "hog heaven.":licking:

We buy a whole pork loin when the stores put them on sale. They will be in the $2 range.....that's cheaper that hamburger. It is very versatile. We do Roast pork w/pan gravy(I don't remember the last time we had Roast Beef), cut up for Pork Chops (you determine the thickness), and I've trimmed and pounded them out and passed them off for Chicken Fried Steak (nobody knew the difference) and cubed steak is in the $4+ range. They also make pretty good Fajitas.

So we always try to keep a pork loin in the freezer and we can get 3-4 meals out of one. Pork the other white meat. Trim off all the heavy fat and it is rather lean.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,246  
Jim, If you need a farm hand for a day, I could help ya out man!!

I quit eating pork, but you guys sure making supper sound good! I had a couple light sandwiches so my blood sugar wouldn't crash and that's about it for today. If I eat heavy, I could pass out in the center lane of 635, so ate enough to get some work done around here today.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,247  
Bird, we found that Sam's also has some delicious boneless pork chops. We marinate them in pineapple, teriyaki, and I like a little Tobasco Chipotle sauce for a bit of zip. Grilled, they are "hog heaven.":licking:

That sounds like something I need to try. It's been awhile, but we occasionally buy a whole pork loin and slice it up for chops.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,248  
Just for you folks info could be a severe weather outbreak in Texas and Louisiana around Sunday the 23 just something to keep in the back of your mind. Nothing definite just something starting to show up on the models

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,249  
Thanks, Buppies! I appreciate the updates! I hope this is of the rain and storm kind, not the ice and storm kind! I'm sick of the ice and cold!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,250  
Not ice or snow this time but storms