Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,231  
Great picture. We had a great moon rise last night. Didn't get a pic as I was a little busy cooking Valentine Dinner for my Valentine. No waiting line here at Dinner Bell Ranch.

Couple of Big Rib-eyes, Baked potato, Mediterranean Salad, and Italian bread. Choice of Red or White Wine. She deserves the Royal Treatment.

Charlie

Charlie, we had thick rib-eyes too last night. I grilled them up and they were perfect. About mid afternoon, I rubbed them down with sea salt and grilled them 5 minutes per side. I got some flame-up off the drippings that seared them perfectly. Those steaks with some small baked potatoes, rolls, and salad made a huge meal for me since yesterday was my day after chemo and my appetite suffers greatly. I could only eat about half of my steak, but it will warm up nicely in my toaster oven when I'm ready for the rest.

We buy thick rib-eyes from Sam's, and they always seem to be delicious, juicy and tender.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,232  
We buy thick rib-eyes from Sam's, and they always seem to be delicious, juicy and tender.

That's where we get ours, too. But a couple of months ago, we were at Fischer's in Muenster and they had ribeyes on sale; cheaper than Sam's Club. Now we've always been happy with everything we got at Fischer's, so I got 6 of those ribeyes. Now I know why they were on sale. I'll stick with Sam's Club from now on.

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,233  
What are y'all pay'n for ribeye and T bone? I just bought 2 Ribeye for $10lb and 2 T bone @ $8.99lb 1" cuts at a local processor in Springtown.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,234  
What are y'all pay'n for ribeye and T bone? I just bought 2 Ribeye for $10lb and 2 T bone @ $8.99lb 1" cuts at a local processor in Springtown.

Dennis, we paid $8.98 per lb at Sam's for the last one's we bought. We try not to dwell on the cost. I assure you they are cheaper and better than the one's at Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes in Decatur.:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,235  
Dennis, we paid $8.98 per lb at Sam's for the last one's we bought. We try not to dwell on the cost. I assure you they are cheaper and better than the one's at Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes in Decatur.:)

And what's it been . . a couple of months ago, or more, when they went up from $7.98 to $8.98? Anyway, they were still $8.98 this morning.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,236  
That's where we get ours, too. But a couple of months ago, we were at Fischer's in Muenster and they had ribeyes on sale; cheaper than Sam's Club. Now we've always been happy with everything we got at Fischer's, so I got 6 of those ribeyes. Now I know why they were on sale. I'll stick with Sam's Club from now on.

Ouch .. That surprises me coming from Fischers .. I'd bet if you brought it too there attention they'd take care of you.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,237  

I trade pork for beef with a neighbor!!! Still cost but it's easier on the pocket book!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,238  
I trade pork for beef with a neighbor!!! Still cost but it's easier on the pocket book!!

Speaking of pork . . . last night for supper, we had the fully cooked, smoked pork chops from Fischer's. They're different and quite tasty.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,240  
Jim, I have never been to Sweetie pies...yet.... The place I get them is Old Plantation Meats (a slaughter house).

I planted 3 bundle of onions, Vadelia, Texas 1015 and reds. I don't know how many are in a bundle, but my back is say'n around 1000 each:eek: Need one more bundle to finish out my last row.

Got my seed potatoes and Broccoli starts too:thumbsup: .I'll get the broccoli in tomorrow and get the P seeds cut. Was a nice day with a tad of cool breeze

Like to get all this done, since it looks like I will be putting out asphalt next week in Cleburne:(