Problems with Trespassers

/ Problems with Trespassers #271  
The person that responds is makes a big difference in what gets done.

Timm, you are so right...I have had the same experience when we had a serial trespasser and poacher neighbor on our farm..The first deputy did nothing and said the same, he had to see it happen , the second time it happened and a new deputy came out...he took action ...Keep us posted ...we are rooting for ya...!

/ Problems with Trespassers #272  
Can't you make a Citizens Arrest?

/ Problems with Trespassers #273  
Can't you make a Citizens Arrest?

You need to distinguish between the right and power.

He may have had the right to, but if he exercised it he would have had to have the power to take the perp's into custody. If he had had that power, it would have been easier just to run them off.

/ Problems with Trespassers #275  
I didn't mean detain the guys or anything like that. I just thought that when the police arrived and the deputy said he couldn't do anything that he could tell them he wanted to place them under citizens arrest.

/ Problems with Trespassers #277  
The same deputy responded to the chopper incident that responded to the first call. In the middle of him explaining how he couldn't do anything because he didn't see them a second deputy pulled up.

The second deputy asks a few questions, looks at the game camera pics & says send me all of the info that you have & I will take it to the county attorney on your behalf & request charges be filed. He said he couldn't make any promises but he would see what he could do to help.

The person that responds is makes a big difference in what gets done.

I've also never understood why an assault charge could not be made the first time. So the LEO didn't see it happen, well if I get pulled into an alley and mugged...can identify the person that did it... I sure would expect some effort to investigate be made. I never thought it was a requirement for the cop to be there when I am surrounded by people and being threatened. I am thinking too much paper work for the first guy and doing the right thing for the second guy.

Glad things seem to be on track Timm,

MarkV

MarkV

/ Problems with Trespassers #278  
Wow. This thread is now littered with so much bull ****, from both sides, that it is no longer enjoyable to read.

I was interested in seeing how this progressed for the OP, now you have to wade through so much crap, it's no longer worth it. Way to go.

I agree totally. Unsubscribed. Hope everything works out for the OP.

/ Problems with Trespassers #279  
Glad to hear that things have started in the right direction for the OP.

Please remember though, that the wheels of justice turn slowly. Be especially on your guard from now on for damage and sabotage.

These cameras are a bit more expensive, but they will be protecting your home and property and the evidence can't be erased when stolen (since the data resides on a secure web site that you can access anytime) SPYPOINT® LIVE-3G trail camera

Yes, each of your postings made the thread better I guess ? Wooohooo !

Quote Originally Posted by DT86
Wow. This thread is now littered with so much bull ****, from both sides, that it is no longer enjoyable to read.

I was interested in seeing how this progressed for the OP, now you have to wade through so much crap, it's no longer worth it. Way to go.

I agree totally. Unsubscribed. Hope everything works out for the OP.

/ Problems with Trespassers #280  
The fact that he can't at least arrest someone is bull crap. Back in my younger days, I was in a bar and I guess I got a little mad at someone. I started going after them and 4 people drug me outside. When the cops arrived they asked the guy that I supposedly "threatened" if he wanted to press charges. Of course he said "yes" and I got hauled off and my then girlfriend had to come and bail me out. The story goes deeper than it sounds as far as the why I did what I did, but you get the picture... ahh the younger stupid days.

Also, at least in Illinois, a police officer can write a traffic ticket for an incident he did not witness, or at least he can if there is an accident involved. It is then up to you to fight it in court. I would certainly think assault would warrant an arrest more than a minor traffic violation for a minor fender-bender type accident... since technically when you receive a traffic ticket, you were technically under arrest.