Riggin up the lights!

/ Riggin up the lights! #11  
Great set up! I just posted a question on "owning a Kubota" about mounting lights, should have looked here first. Just wondered how secure those cable ties keep the box.

/ Riggin up the lights!
Joe, I just finished posting a reply to you on your other post.
The tie wraps are very secure, especially with the foam (heavy foam rubber) I put on the box to take any vibration. I think you can probably find a more asthetically appealing box but I had this laying around.
The whole assembly is very light so it doesn't take much to hold it but I was careful not to place the tie wraps over the entire box but throught it in an attempt to make it more secure. (in my mind anyhow)
Glad I could help you and Bob.

/ Riggin up the lights!
They are halogen and they put out a decent flood right where I need it. And if it isn't where I need it, I just move it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
I have to check but they may be 50 watt. I know I said 35 but I'm not sure.

/ Riggin up the lights! #14  
I am going to give this job a 8.75 .Very tidy job,i like the small size.

/ Riggin up the lights!
Thanks for making me laugh!!! I just used those lights this AM to snow blow and I love it. I can actually see where I'm going now. I also used them last night to get the blower on(that was a very good idea), which was out in the yard. Just point them down and I can work effectively.

/ Riggin up the lights! #16  
I've got Hella trap lights on my truck and tractor and have had them mounted on other pieces of equipiment in the past. I think they far surpass regular tractor floodlights, or (worst of all) off road lights. Hella sells both 55 watt and dual 55 watt versions. I wouldn't bypass the factory headlights since they meet DOT safety specs for on road use, but you could leave the factory lights off for work use if the amp draw would be too high. Remember too that the alternator rated output currect may not be delivered at low RPMs.

Pat Turner
From the Adams Building
Library of Congress