PT filters

/ PT filters #12  
Yes, there are 3 letters stamped on these new air filters, and when I have time I’m going to see if I can find out anything about them.
You probably need a few more letters / digits to cross reference.
Here is the cross reference site that I use to find other numbers to further cross reference filters. I always double check the look and sizes if I can.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT filters #13  
The older 1430 I have used a metal shield around the filter media, the newer one has open media. I don't have the clogging issue with either, so can't say if it is a cheap fix or not.

Attachments

• 1430 air filter old.jpg
    1430 air filter old.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 15
  • 1430 air filter new.jpg
    1430 air filter new.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 15
   / PT filters #14  
FWIW: Generally the metal mesh is there to stiffen the filter so the filter element can be compressed against the seal. I could see how better sealing, more flexible seals might allow the removal of the metal mesh.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT filters
The older 1430 I have used a metal shield around the filter media, the newer one has open media. I don't have the clogging issue with either, so can't say if it is a cheap fix or not.
That is interesting, I never knew about those shields on these models. You bought your 1430 sometime after I bought mine. I bought mine in 2016.

/ PT filters #16  
I bought my new 1430 from PT, it was in the last bunce of diesels just before they went to the gas engine. My old one I picked up used with numerous attachments with 1000 hours. The old one has the can around the filter element. Don't know why they changed to an open filter. I think the metal cover would keep it cleaner. May even be able to be modified to swirl the air stream and throw out heavy dirt...a someday project.

/ PT filters
Do you think that can shroud was made by PT or Duetz?

I guess I forgot about you buying the used one.

/ PT filters #18  
IMHO Duetz sold the engine with a filter like on the 1445/1460 but PT didn't have space in the chassis for the nicer filter housing, so they made a very simple one, initially with the can cover, then just an open filter with the precleaner sponge. Deutz has a high reputation for quality and would have sold the engine with a centrifugal housing with the rubber ejector and a restriction gauge. At some point I want to get pics of the clearance between the tub on the 1430 and 1460 to add to the discussion on a different post regarding the timing belt and clearance to change it.

/ PT filters
Yeah, that subject would make for some interesting discussion. Today a Deutz repairman came to my place to deliver an alternator for the 1430, and his thoughts were that to make a stock Deutz air filter to fit on this machine, it would need to be mounted outside of the hood somewhere.

/ PT filters #20  
Yeah, that subject would make for some interesting discussion. Today a Deutz repairman came to my place to deliver an alternator for the 1430, and his thoughts were that to make a stock Deutz air filter to fit on this machine, it would need to be mounted outside of the hood somewhere.
Yes, that is about the long and the short of it. There are some other tractor models that I have seen that have air filters that have to be removed to open the hood, but all the ones I know still have the dipstick and oil filler accessible...