PT filters

/ PT filters #1  

joshlee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1430 Year made 2016
There’s definitely something to be said about that test you ran on your intake. That’s very interesting, and I’ll keep that in mind.

From what I’ve seen by pictures, the air filter on the 1430 is not as complex as for the 1445 and 1460. One of the reasons why I hate paying such a high price for this little round air filter. Maybe what I should do is go to Napa and see if they can find me one that is the same size.

I’m not sure what the right thing is to do, but whenever I Bushhog, Bushhog about probably 10 acres once a year, and the air filter becomes so dirty. I’m diligent about taking a vacuum over the pre-cleaner after mowing the grass a few times, etc, but after I bush hog, it is just so full. Whenever I do the test by holding it up to the sky, the Used air filter does not let the light come in through anywhere near as much as a new air filter when I hold it up right next to it. I can run my tractor all year and just vacuum cleaning the prefilter seems to keep my air filter in good shape, but after I bush hog, I just replace the filter.
Again, I’m not totally sure I’m doing the right thing, but that’s just what I do.

/ PT filters #2  
One of the disadvantages of having a front mount mower is that the debris and dust from mowing is up in the air for the air filter to suck in as the PT travels forward.

/ PT filters #3  
You should be able to find a generic filter. In the old days you could just bring your used filter into the parts store and they would measure it up and give you options or a direct replacement.

When you ID a suitable replacement, buy a quality brand like Fleetguard etc.

I think PT took off the good cyclonic filter housing due to the confined engine compartment.

/ PT filters #4  
Yes, mowing is what really clogs my filter as well, although chipping wood, and rototilling are close, at least for me. I don't think having a front mounted implement is really the issue, as it is about wind direction relative to the tractor.

I am sure vacuuming the filter off is pretty effective. Deutz's bottom line is intake vacuum, which, even after heavy, dusty mowing for me has never been an issue.

Have you looked closely at your filter for numbers, usually stamped or embossed on one end somewhere?

All the best,

Peter

/ PT filters #5  
When I had my IH2500b tractor loader I'd have to stop about every half an hour to clean out the radiator and hydraulic cooler from pollen, seeds, chaff, etc.., as well as the engine air filter about every day.

My little 2001 PT425 is only on its 2nd air filter. I just clean out and oil the foam ring that wraps the air filter element as needed. Maybe a couple times per year at most. The filter element gets tapped out once a year or so and put back in.

/ PT filters
Yes, mowing is what really clogs my filter as well, although chipping wood, and rototilling are close, at least for me. I don't think having a front mounted implement is really the issue, as it is about wind direction relative to the tractor.

I am sure vacuuming the filter off is pretty effective. Deutz's bottom line is intake vacuum, which, even after heavy, dusty mowing for me has never been an issue.

Have you looked closely at your filter for numbers, usually stamped or embossed on one end somewhere?

All the best,

Peter

/ PT filters
Yes, there are 3 letters stamped on these new air filters, and when I have time I’m going to see if I can find out anything about them.

/ PT filters
You should be able to find a generic filter. In the old days you could just bring your used filter into the parts store and they would measure it up and give you options or a direct replacement.

When you ID a suitable replacement, buy a quality brand like Fleetguard etc.

I think PT took off the good cyclonic filter housing due to the confined engine compartment.

/ PT filters
I’ll give Napa a try and see if they can come up with anything. I know you have a 1430, too, John; I’ll post on here what I find out.

Yeah, the filter PT fitted on these machines seems to work fine. It’s a very basic filter for sure, and one would think it would be fairly simple to cross reference.