issue. Maybe you guys can help.
The back story: I bought a MT 573cps in late
Nov 2021. I put it to work immediately moving,
scraping and hauling dirt, rock and concrete from
a excavation for a large new slab. Between bad weather
incidents during the winter (we usually have short,
light winters) I would use it for farm chores, haul
gravel, grade farm roads etc. In the spring warm up it
was used primarily with a fully articulated flail mower.
Trimmed vines, bushes and trees from encroaching on
my hay fields and from the paths and farm roads. It was
also used to mow fields. I never had any regen problems
because the tractor was usually running at 2500rpm/540.
No problems so far.

One year later: Late Nov 2022, while fall/winter mowing to prep
for spring. Shrill alarm sounds in cab, dash lights error
codes appear. I reduced rpm, shut off the pto, raised the mower,
put the tractor in neutral and sat idling for a few minutes. The
alarm stopped, dash went back to normal. I headed for the barn
and parked it. Tried using it the next day. Same thing happened
after about 45 minutes. I called the dealer and was instructed
to check all fluids etc (all fluids were clean and full). The
above sequence of events was repeated several times with the
alarm sounding at shorter intervals each time. Bad weather,
Christmas and holidays past by waiting to have it hauled to
the dealer for repair. January 2023: Hauled to dealer,
dealer claimed it was fixed and tractor was hauled back to farm.

Covid got me. Long Covid and hard to get over. Finally able to
get back to work. Nope. Tractor alarm still howls after 45 minutes.
Again I tried several times, different days, and had the same results.

In the meantime, the original dealer went out of business. No warning
or advance notice. Just folded up shop and gone.
So, I'm forced to take it to another dealer that is 3x the distance in
another town. To make a long story short....it took 2 months to fix a
potentiometer (LS Part#40311849) & Shuttle lever (#40538503)
at the 2nd dealer. Multiple calls to 2nd dealer,
calls to corporate LS (which did absolutely nothing to help this customer), email
stream to LS etc. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero.

I finally had the tractor hauled back to my farm. Used it for 3 1/2 days
and the fuel tank seam split open and dripped about 10 gal of diesel in my shop.
Yep, it got hauled back to a dealer again for warranty repair.
I've asked LS to extend my warranty, bumper to bumper, since this tractor
has spent more time on the dealers lots than in my fields working. LS is
using up the time the warranty should be covering a customer.
I'm not asking for hauling fees, money for lost time or wages, or for fuel
clean up or replacement, or any financial compensation. Just extend the warranty
2 or 3 months. (I originally asked for a 8 month extension since I've been
dealing with this problem since late 2022).

I may get flamed by the happy LS crowd, but this has been a nightmare. If you need a
sub compact tractor maybe LS is your go-to brand. If you depend day in and day out
on a Utility tractor, you may want to spend the extra $ and get something that has
better local and corporate support.

I really wanted to like this tractor. And for a few months I did.
It's the lack of a solid dealer network and complete absence of corporate support
that sours the LS purchase and experience for me.

(sorry this post got so long)

/ MT 573 Issues #2  
First, welcome to TBN!

Sounds like a very frustrating experience to say the least. But at least they have been fixing the issues. However, these issues can happen to any brand and does. Dealer support is very important so maybe while everything works it is good time to sell it and get something that has better support in your area.

/ MT 573 Issues #3  
When the alarm goes off, there should be some codes on the dash, what are the codes?
How many hours?
Have you done all the filter changes when recommended or sooner?

One known issue is poor grounds on some models. Many have unbolted the ground from the frame and/or the engine block, cleaned/filed/scraped to clean metal and reattached the ground cable, then paint over them or spray with battery terminal sealer.

/ MT 573 Issues #4  
Welcome to TBN... officially!

Sounds like the issue is fixed?

It sucks having no support when your local dealership, the one who knows you, goes out of business. Happens with other types of business too. I'm forced to buy brewing supplies and ingredients from online now that my local brewery supply store went under.

I am one of the few that is in the "happy LS crowd" but that doesn't mean that I have not had my share of issues. I'm not here to flame anyone, well, anyone who has a legitimate complaint like yourself.

You might consider the Lemon Law if something else goes wrong under warranty. Hopefully you have everything documented?

Thank you for sharing your story. As I am sure you are aware, since you have been lurking, that this site is a wealth of information.

/ MT 573 Issues #5  
Yeah I'm on the "whats the codes?" boat. You should have gotten at least 2 codes.

On your shuttle lever issue - what happened? Did the shuttle shift stop working? I had that and found the expansion pin on the floor beside the clutch. I thought I blew the tranny somehow, towed it out of the woods with a pickup truck my driveway and found the pin laying on the floor. I was going to replace that part that fell out with a cotter pin or just put duct tape around the 2 shafts where the pin fits in.

/ MT 573 Issues
First, welcome to TBN!

Sounds like a very frustrating experience to say the least. But at least they have been fixing the issues. However, these issues can happen to any brand and does. Dealer support is very important so maybe while everything works it is good time to sell it and get something that has better support in your area.
Yes sir, frustrating experience would be a understatement. First time in to be repaired....it wasn't. Second time in to be
repaired .....was as if the 3 Stooges had taken over. But I'll admit they did get the "alarm" to stop screaming. Now that the fuel tank has a leak, I'm afraid I may not get the tractor back till Halloween. Currently the tractor is at another dealer even farther away. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I agree, issues can happen with any brand. However, how the issues are resolved become most important. And yes, I am
giving serious thought to taking the loss by selling and going with another brand with better dealership and corporate support.

/ MT 573 Issues
When the alarm goes off, there should be some codes on the dash, what are the codes?
How many hours?
Have you done all the filter changes when recommended or sooner?

One known issue is poor grounds on some models. Many have unbolted the ground from the frame and/or the engine block, cleaned/filed/scraped to clean metal and reattached the ground cable, then paint over them or spray with battery terminal sealer.
Codes: 110200 & F01.
Hours: 97.8 (1-9-2023)
All maintenance complete, on schedule.
Ground issues not applicable in this case. (good solution though)

/ MT 573 Issues
Welcome to TBN... officially!

Sounds like the issue is fixed?

It sucks having no support when your local dealership, the one who knows you, goes out of business. Happens with other types of business too. I'm forced to buy brewing supplies and ingredients from online now that my local brewery supply store went under.

I am one of the few that is in the "happy LS crowd" but that doesn't mean that I have not had my share of issues. I'm not here to flame anyone, well, anyone who has a legitimate complaint like yourself.

You might consider the Lemon Law if something else goes wrong under warranty. Hopefully you have everything documented?

Thank you for sharing your story. As I am sure you are aware, since you have been lurking, that this site is a wealth of information.
Thank you for the welcome. Considering several options. Yes, I have dates, times, names, email/text strings etc documented. Yes sir, a lot of good info on this site.
The kick in the gut here is that I like the tractor. But I can't have this much money tied up in a tool that doesn't
work or can't be repaired in a reasonable amount of time. I don't need or want any more "yard art".

/ MT 573 Issues
Yeah I'm on the "whats the codes?" boat. You should have gotten at least 2 codes.

On your shuttle lever issue - what happened? Did the shuttle shift stop working? I had that and found the expansion pin on the floor beside the clutch. I thought I blew the tranny somehow, towed it out of the woods with a pickup truck my driveway and found the pin laying on the floor. I was going to replace that part that fell out with a cotter pin or just put duct tape around the 2 shafts where the pin fits in.
Codes: 110200 & F01.
First, the dealer sent his mechanic to my farm with a laptop for OBD. (I agreed to pay the trip charge). However, he couldn't access the program needed because he didn't have a password. (wasted trip). Then they got a "update" from LS.
Ran the OBD. The problem was the shuttle shift. They ordered the part. Then another dealer told them it was a clutch adjustment that was needed. They canceled the order for the shuttle shift lever. Ran the OBD again. Reordered the
shuttle shift lever. Installed it. Ran the OBD. Needed the potentiometer. Ordered that part. They said the shuttle shift
lever had to be fixed before the other problem would show on the OBD.
The shuttle shift never stopped working. I could run the tractor but even with hearing protection the alarm was shrill. Plus with all the red flashing warnings I didn't want to cause further damage.

/ MT 573 Issues #10  
My buddy has an LS xr4140 and he loves it but his air filter and radiator has to be kept clean or it will throw a code and run bad, we work our tractors side by side all the time as we have a jointly owned farm and his will do this while mine runs fine, His LS seems to suck in more dirt and debris than my mahindra, but it is a very strong tractor,