I need a hook up

/ I need a hook up #21  
Yepper, DFB, that IS an exceptionally handsome shade of green. I like the fact that your hooks are over the bucket connect points, that intuitively seems like it would be the strongest place to put 'em.

"Lost my heart (& wallet) to JD" Dave

/ I need a hook up #22  
I use 3 hooks myself, one in the center of the bucket for pull fence post out. I welded them on and they worked great.

/ I need a hook up #23  
If you haven't done it already, read the hook on bucket. A lot of good info here.

Does anybody have a hook positioned so one could run the chain under the bucket rather than over the top? Seems a little safer should the chain break, also keeps the rear of the tractor on the ground better. Comments...

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Rowski on 02/16/01 06:04 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ I need a hook up #24  
Derek, it seems you could mount any of the good hook ideas reversed and bring your chain up the back side of the bucket. For me, this would be too close to my grill. I'd be afraid of damage to the tractor. I like the reach I get by having the chain on the front of the bucket and I can use the curl to move things in and out for positioning.

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ I need a hook up #25  
I agree with having the chain over the top for better reach and positioning. But, chain under bucket, when I need just power to (ripping out stumps) it is safer if the chain breaks and keep the rear of the tractor on the ground. I have never tried it with the chain under the bucket. I beleive MarkC does it this way on his tractor.

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

/ I need a hook up #26  
I just added a hook setup to my FEL. I used 2 peices of 3" by 3/8 channel , Drilled 3 ,1/2" holes in each top, left and right. and welded them to the top of the bucket even to were the mounts are welded for the cylinders.Then I purchased 2 different pairs of chain hooks, Daimond style for chains and open style big hook for nylon lifting straps. Now I can mount my hooks in an outer mounting , or top mounting, or inside mounting , in a matter of about 10 seconds. and use a number of different hook styles.And god forbid if I were to ever brake or wear out a hook its only a pin swap away.

GOOD LUCK!
JIM

/ I need a hook up
This is great, I couldnt have got more information from the pro's. Now I just cant decide , I like the ease of the u-bolt hook, but I also like the strength of the angle iron trick. I need a welder! It is amazing, I bought this tractor to save me time and money, and now I can do so much more bigger projects with it that I can see the time and money problems are just begining! Whew! Well it sure is alot of fun though,I am just switching hobbies is all.