I need a hook up

/ I need a hook up #1  

putty340

Bronze Member
Tractor
L 3000 kubota
hello I have searched and I still dont have an answer to my hook problem. I want to put hooks on my loader ,(at least 3 of them) and right now it looks like bolting two on are my only options, but that seems so temperary. Does this work long term? Do I need to beef up the metal to weld a couple on front? I will be pulling and moving trees with them. I have a L3000 that I will probably be moving trees for many years to come. I have seen the 3pt boom poles, but it seem the FEL will give me more manuverability in tight spots. Does anyone have any easy ideas for moving trees?I would really like to buy the right tool for the job ,but I have to be limited to more multiple task implements for now. thanks

/ I need a hook up #2  
putty340,
To be on the safe side you can weld a piece of 1/4" plate steel to the width of your bucket,and the width of the plate steel just wider than the lenght of your hooks.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ I need a hook up #3  
Why would you consider bolting hooks on to be "temporary"? The tractor's put together with bolts, isn't it? And I sure hope it ain't "temporary"./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ I need a hook up
Thomas are you saying weld a 1/4 piece the length of the bucket on the top inside of bucket? Can anyone tell me what kind of hooks to look for? I have bent 2 or 3 of the kind you buy at Home Depot and Lowes that say china, is there a stronger hook out there, and what configuration? I have searched the files and the only example I can find is Harv's which is better than I could think up. I NEED A WELDER!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I need a hook up #5  
Eric, Here is a picture of the setup that I put on my bucket. My dealer showed me a couple that he had done this way. The angle iron is 2"x2"x1/4". I have lifted several items over 600 pounds with no problems. Just had to make sure counter weight is on 3 ph. I purchase the hooks and links at TSC. They also sell welders./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Or were you looking for somebody to do the welding./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ I need a hook up #7  
Ron,

Nice clean install. Looks neat/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif! I need to get some hooks rigged up on the <font color=blue>NH</font color=blue>.

2-31714-Cliffsig.gif

/ I need a hook up #8  
Using a front loader for removing trees works great sometimes but I have found that the boom pole that I got with my old 9N works better in some circumstances. The lift capacity on the 3 ph is usually much greater than that of the front loader. Yes, the breakout strength is usually there on a front loader but has a very limited travel.

I not trying to sway you from the hooks on the front bucket, they are a great idea, just that you may find that a boom pole works better in some circumstances. A disclaimer though: Be VERY CAREFUL if you use a boom pole and try to drive away from a tree. The front end of the tractor can, in theory, flip over backwards. Never done it but have had a couple good scares when the front wheel were over 4 ft in the air!

DaveV

/ I need a hook up #9  
putty340,
I welded a piece of 1/4" flat on top of the bucket from one end of the bucket to the other end.
I than weld my grab hook on top of the 1/4" flat steel.
I also grinded of the bottom back side of the hook so it would set flat,for that way I could get a better deep weld all the way around the hook.
oops forgot to mention I also cut the flat steel inch wider than the hook.

Are you planning to do your own welding?

You may pay a little more but dealers have good grade hooks.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ I need a hook up #10  
Ron,
nice setup! you've givin me some ideas. i like the idea of hooks on the bucket, just not permanently mounted, such as
welded. thanks!

redhawk