F pedal check

/ F pedal check #1  

karlmagne

Tractor
Ford 1210
I have an RK 37 H tractor and I cut grass in about two acres yesterday. As I was putting the tractor away I noticed I had an “F pedal check” notification. What exactly does that mean and is it something I can do myself?

/ F pedal check #2  
I have an RK 37 H tractor and I cut grass in about two acres yesterday. As I was putting the tractor away I noticed I had an “F pedal check” notification. What exactly does that mean and is it something I can do myself?
Good luck.

Since you were cutting grass I would look underneath the tractor in the area of the forward pedal for a wire pulled loose from a sensor. Or move the forward pedal up and down. Most hydro’s will also not start when the forward or reverse pedal is out of the neutral position.

/ F pedal check
Thank you, I'm a tractor noob and I did a cursory glance, but didn't think wire. I'll do a more thorough check.

/ F pedal check #4  
Gator might be into something. On the HST pedals linkage there is a sensor that detects whether the pedals are in Neutral position.

I don't know if that transmission is mechanical or electronically controlled. If electronic, there could be more electric stuff there.

/ F pedal check
Thank both of you for your responses. I did a more thorough inspection and found that the pedal rod/linkage has a short post on the end of it had slipped out of a metal clip (it has an open end). I reattached them and the notification went away. There are some small sapling in the field I mowed and one of them probably forced them apart. I did see wires and connectors and will keep them in mind as I mow.