Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,011  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,012  
100% of the time...
Amazing. You manage to look left, right, ahead, and behind 100% of the time! Talk about "eyes in the back of one's head!"

Tesla's Autopilot hardware is looking every direction all the time, even if one doesn't subscribe to FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,013  
Another reason I am putting time into FSD is I am interested in getting a Tesla Optimus for home use after it proves to be great at building future new models of Tesla vehicles.

This is 30 minutes clip on Optimus and FSD.

Below shows Chinese robotics push.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,015  
But how does FSD work on snow and ice covered roads with ice and snow adhering to the front of the car? I feel like I’ve asked this and never gotten a response.
I guess you just missed it but have your windshield clear so you can safely drive and the windshield wipers can operate normally.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,016  

If the big three do not embrace AI robots in the car factories, they may not survive. Oh they will survive but it'll just be a different company, product and service.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,017  

Tesla might be too far behind to compete in China with this technology.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,018  

If the big three do not embrace AI robots in the car factories, they may not survive. Oh they will survive but it'll just be a different company, product and service.
Well worth mentioning that in times of war it was industry that stepped up.

The auto segment transformed overnight to tanks, jeeps, aircraft, artillery, etc.

It would seem other countries are better positioned should history be repeated.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,019  

Fisker buyers sound like early Tesla buyers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,020  
But how does FSD work on snow and ice covered roads with ice and snow adhering to the front of the car? I feel like I’ve asked this and never gotten a response.
My relative’s Honda CRV has various sensors, including a camera behind the windshield, and a radar unit in the front engine grill.
Commonly during very heavy rain, freezing rain, and heavy snow, the auto system (steering, brakes, follow ), etc immediately disengages itself, when there’s build up on the radar cover, or rain is too heavy.
When driving through an unplowed snow covered road, where there’s no visible roadway it always shuts itself off.
I imagine these conditions are still unobtainable by a completely unmanned robo-taxi. I don’t think the technology is there yet.
Of course at least one here, will probably say, it’s no problem for a Tesla…..