Bad Boy Land Plane

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #62  
Does or has anyone used one of these??
Half the price of other companies product!

willy
I’ve used mine 5-6 times and ripped one of the skids off it. Twisted pretty bad but repairable.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
See the price for a LP land plane 60 inch $1748 jjust
$1098 more than a Bad Boy 60 inch for $650. I do
believe you could build one for your self for less that $1098!
For the price if you can bend anything $1098 should
buy you enough metal to reinforce what ever and you
can bolt or weld it on!

willy

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #64  
I'm seeing the BBLG60 at $850 and a list of $1200. Where is it only $650?

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #65  
Well my local kioti/bad-boy dealer was a waste of time today.

Salesman (owner) pulled up his price sheet and quoted $1395 for the 72”. When I politely mentioned that i had seen prices of $850 and $950 online, he scoffed. I went out to the yard to look things over. They had a stack of new 60”ers.

And one old 72” (in orange anyway. They also had some blue ones for LS tractors. )

Maybe hard to see in the pics but it was rusting already in spots (ripper pins, a couple frame spots, nothing major, but still). Clearly had been there at least a year. He inadvertently mused out loud that it was the only 72” orange and he’d never replaced (sold any) it.

So I mentioned that around a thousand bucks was what i was hoping to stay under, and he said “have a nice day” and walked away from me back into the office. To resume eating his snack and surfing the web, i guess. I don’t understand how this place is still in business. At least give me a counter offer or your bottom line! Sheesh.

Anyway the land grader seemed well built and quite heavy. I could almost pick up one side of it, but not quite. Well Angled blades. Guess i will call all the other local bad boy dealers for quotes.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #67  
Maybe the low prices don't include the scarifier shanks?

/ Bad Boy Land Plane #68  
I think you may be right, ruff. I wanted to assume it would be a fairly low price difference, but on agri-supply, ripper shanks are $29 each! Times 6 that could account for a nearly $200 difference in the implement price.

/ Bad Boy Land Plane
Amazon has them for $9.90 think you pay freight
Think it would not take much to make your own!

willy