ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize

/ ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize #11  
I'm a bit confused abiout these fuel tanks as well. I didn't realize they had check valves. I know mine has a bypass line in the top of the tanks to equalize the preassure. I could have sworn when I first brought mine home the dealer fille the left tank, the right was almost empty and after trailering home and running for a while the gauge showed 1/2 tank. So I assumed the tanks equalized but apparently that wasn't the case. My concern is if this particular unit tends to run fuel out of the left tank first I could run out of fuel with a full right tank. I thought about closing thge right hand tank valve and running the left first before valving the right back in. It's kinda cheesy that they didn't put gauges on both tanks.

/ ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize #12  
… the check valves being there is to prevent fuel from leaving one tank overfilling the other when mowing on slopes."

I keep mine stock for just that reason ….

Mine is still stock as I mow a LOT of horizontal swipes on Steep Banks in both directions.

I’ve noticed sometimes one of my tanks holds more at fill ups than the other side & in no particular pattern

/ ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize #13  
Anybody else have input on tanks drawing equally ?

/ ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize #14  
I removed the individual tank filters and installed the OEM filter after the "T" fitting. My tanks were occasionally drawing unequally due to one filter having a higher resistance. I also added large 2u Racor filter and an extra lift pump to get adequate flow.
So far it's been working fine, but I suspect my service interval will be shorter with the fuel from both tanks going through the one OEM filter. 120h so far using the old smaller type, so I'm not worried about it.

/ ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize #15  
RjC
Do you still have the OEM check valves in place ?

/ ZD 1211- Wanting fuel tank to equalize #16  
RjC
Do you still have the OEM check valves in place ?

Yes, I left the check valves in place.
I agonized over several plumbing possibilities... There are lots of ways to skin the cat.