Your BBQ Brisket/Dutch Oven recipe

/ Your BBQ Brisket/Dutch Oven recipe #1  

widefat

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 Husq GT52XLS Husqvarna LC121P Husq 455 Rancher Stihl FS90 Stihl MS170 99 Ram 1500
Thinking about doing a 4lb or so brisket in a dutch oven/charcoal for Independence day.
What's your recipe? Cooking time?

TIA!

/ Your BBQ Brisket/Dutch Oven recipe #2  
I've only smoked full briskets, on a brinkman smoker with the firebox on the side, have done 3 at a time on occasion for larger parties,
11-13 hrs but not a lot of smoke needed for the last half, just low heat.

i would imagine you would want to do similar in the dutch oven, just low and slow. i know some will smoke for several hours
then wrap in foil and finish in an oven, but brisket can render down a lot of grease,,

/ Your BBQ Brisket/Dutch Oven recipe #4  
Thinking about doing a 4lb or so brisket in a dutch oven/charcoal for Independence day.
What's your recipe? Cooking time?

TIA!

Buy the best grade of meat you can get...it always pays to buy Prime or at least Choice. On a brisket that small, I would consider a marinade. Get a Reynolds turkey bag; add a bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing, a cup of red wine, some powdered garlic and onion, and if you wish, some soy sauce and liquid smoke. Secure the top with a rubber band and let it sit over night in the frige. Take it out the next morning and add some rubb.

I smoke mine on a Big Green Egg, usually a full brisket, and my marinade consists of a sprinkling of sugar. I remove the brisket the next day, remove any excess sugar and add my own personal rubb recipe (available free upon request). I cook mine at 250 F until the internal temp of the brisket reaches 190/195. Takes a long time! Cooked on a smoker, the sugar forms a nice crust that keeps it moist.

/ Your BBQ Brisket/Dutch Oven recipe #5  
Buy the best grade of meat you can get...it always pays to buy Prime or at least Choice. On a brisket that small, I would consider a marinade. Get a Reynolds turkey bag; add a bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing, a cup of red wine, some powdered garlic and onion, and if you wish, some soy sauce and liquid smoke. Secure the top with a rubber band and let it sit over night in the frige. Take it out the next morning and add some rubb.

I smoke mine on a Big Green Egg, usually a full brisket, and my marinade consists of a sprinkling of sugar. I remove the brisket the next day, remove any excess sugar and add my own personal rubb recipe (available free upon request). I cook mine at 250 F until the internal temp of the brisket reaches 190/195. Takes a long time! Cooked on a smoker, the sugar forms a nice crust that keeps it moist.
That sounds really tasty! I've never been real successful doing brisket on a Holland grill - it cooks slow, but not slow enough.