Oil & Fuel YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #1  

MDguy98

Tractor
John Deere GT235, Yanmar YM1700
I recently got a YM1700, I am having an issue with it. Using compression release, it will start. It takes about a minute to start, including letting the starter cool. When it does finally fire, it runs wildly. I have to open the compression release to keep it from going straight to 3,000+ RPM. I pulled the inspection cover from above the pump, and at closed throttle, the rack cannot move forward anymore. I removed the injector lines from the pump, and there is fuel spurting out of the #2 (rearward) outlet, and none at all from #1. I have looked at the internals of the pump and they seem to be in alignment. Tractor was free, so I'd rather not drop over $300 for a new pump if it can be repaired.
-Thanks

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #2  
I would guess #1 outlet plunger is stuck in the up position. May have to remove the pump but try tapping around on it while running.

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #3  
Tapping on it is just a Get By Charlie, 350..00$ for a new one isn't that bad. But I would have yours checked and see if can even be rebuilt or repaired. If it can't be the IP-200 is used on the 1500,1700,195,240,2000,2200,2210,. With it sharing the same IP. as the ym2000 you should be able to find a good used one since used in that model Tractor. Tapping on it may work but my guess it will happen again and Esp. when you need the tractor. Then the tapping leads to hitting it harder to a bigger hammer to you buying a new Ip. anyways. If you don't break something else hitting it. ;)

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #4  
I thought I seen one lately! The 2TR15 is the ym1500 I believe?? Just ran into it. Asking 150.00$ maybe Worth checking into.
Yanmar Tractor parts assorted

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only
Thank you for all the replies! I will try checking the outlet plunger later today. FWIW if I loosen the fitting that screws into the pump and the fuel line threads to the other, fuel dribbles out of both #1 and 2

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #6  
Sounds like a bad pump that someone's been tapping on with a hammer. May run off both Cyl. now. Joking. It sounding like that pumps in real bad shape. I believe all the options have been covered. That one may not be repairable so may try getting the hammer out.

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #7  
Just to make sure how the lines go the first line closest to you if your sitting in the drivers seat goes to Cyl. #1 closest to you. 2nd line #2 cyl. furthest away. I just checked to make sure.

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only #8  
FWIW :)

Yanmar names the cylinders #1, 2, etc starting from the flywheel end. This is because their primary business is boat engines, where some model engines differ only in the number of cylinders. Several of the same engines appear in their tractors. Example YM2000's boat engine version is 2Q-something with different manifolds, and 3-Q**** has 3 cylinders, ie the marine version of YM3000 engine, differing mainly in number of cylinders.

/ YM1700 Fuel To Number 2 Cylinder Only
So the issue was the #2 cylinder (thanks careyo63 and California). I am running an inline filter in place of the fuel bowl and filter until a new fuel bowl gets here, I believe that was the cause of the no fuel. Each time the engine gets running it rattle and gets air into the fuel. I tried bleeding the pump again and sure enough, tons of air bubbles. I then started it and after a second there was fuel from the #2 pump outlet. Hooked up the line, and it runs very smooth...but extremely fast. Even with throttle closed, it tries to rev like a F1 car, rollin' coal too. Not sure if this is important, but if i get the fuel pump outlets more than snug, the rack gets stuck. However they dont leak.