Yet another NEWBIE

/ Yet another NEWBIE #1  

GRUMPA

Gold Member
Tractor
KAMA/TS354C 35HP 4 cyl 4 wheel drive
Well I've been reading tons in this forums and I must say its got things in here that I would have never have known in a thousand years. Living in Phoenix AZ. There is but one dealer, very small but friendly as all get out. Typical salesmen buy now and save yadda yadda type stuff. But heres the thing(s) thats been burning in the back of my head. What I'm needing one for is 4 miles of dirt road work as well as 40 acres of dirt moving mostly, the dirt there is like a rock wet or dry, (guess thats why the ancient indians made there pots out it).

Would something like a model 4110 be ample for the task? One thing thats a must is a FEL of course I dont exactly feel to happy about tackling the job with a shovel (been there done that). And the place is in northern AZ where there is nothing, no phone lines, power, etc. so if theres a problem and I need parts with no street address how much of a problem what it create? Oh and I more thing cell phones dont work up there either neighbors either have to climb the back mountain or drive to the highway to use it (4 mi trip). Satellite is about the only thing that would be a consideration for that but very costly.

And last but not least I've been looking high and low and dealers for these machines are kinda on the sparse side of the tractor dealers list. One thing I learned in life is theres a dealer out there willing to deal to make a sale. If anyone can give me a direction on some of them please let me know.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Yet another NEWBIE #2  
Ya the 4110 sounds ample but if it matters to you that its a standard tranny, you can go 6 hp lower and get a hydrostatic 3510 which would be good aswell. The no address and parts would be a problem, so picking them up would be the best bet or have someone drive them to you from the company. Did you visit the Mahindra website? I put in one of Phoenix's zip codes and found http://www.wildwesttrailers.com/ and they sell Mahindra

/ Yet another NEWBIE
Living in Phoenix AZ. There is but one dealer, very small but friendly as all get out. Typical salesmen buy now and save yadda yadda . They have 1 left and its the 4110. As a matter of fact just got back from there trying to negotiate a price and he wont budge from 18k for a 03 model. And to boot he's not going to sell them anymore he's basically closing shop.

/ Yet another NEWBIE #4  
Is that a 4110 4wd with loader for that price or just the tractor? If no loader I believe you can beat that!

/ Yet another NEWBIE
Yes its with a FEL

/ Yet another NEWBIE #6  
That's pretty good on a 4110 4x4 with loader! I doubt you'll get him to budge on the price. Try getting him to throw something in like first service or atleast the filters for that. I know it's risky anytime you go with a less than well known brand, but think about how well served Kubota guys have been when they bought their less than name brand stuff 20 yrs ago. I haven't had any real issues with mine and I'm rough on stuff. I've only got 80 hrs on mine but so far so good. At any rate try to get the dealer to throw other stuff in at that price maybe an implement. Good Luck!