Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up

/ Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up #11  
   / Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up
The biggest issue is not realizing to achieve the lowest gear, feather the hydrostatic pedal. By creeping up the hill, at fll RPM, I am fighting an urge to press the pedal a bit further... I did NOT fight that urge and constantly nearly stalled.

Correct about the messic video
Thank you Soloz2!! (Yander, WranglerX) Multiple nails hit on the head. That said:

Are there any Yanmar or aftermarket parts to turbo a 3TNV80F engine? I reckon there is a part number for that engine with a turbocharger, maybe as a 32HP engine? She's just at 300hrs, fresh as a daisy.

Erbid

/ Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up #14  
No loader on my Yanmar! To light weight period. Yanmar Owners.com With no FEL. 1664 lbs.. The reason I purchased the Ford 2000 with a FEL. HP. and Weight. Many Hrs. using a JD.5103 FEL. all 2wd. Never had a problem but once and I new it and what the problem was. WET and Muddy. Sure enough and still tell my self how I didn't get it stuck! I Dumped the load in the bucket Quick before I dug in the Rear wheels. A couple pushes back with the loader and I was able to free it up! No need for 4wd. in Ga. for me anyways 40yrs. here.. Know plenty of people who do use 4wd. being Org. from WV.. It's just a little hilly. Back weight to the rears. Loaded tires and or counter weight. No matter what 2wd/4wd. You lose the rear traction chances are very high of having a big problem. JMO....... My grandfather used a 8n in the mountains. It's was a "Funk". People still actually know what that means! Were I learned what to do. Weight & HP.............;)

/ Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up #15  
No insult intented, just my understanding of some types of problems: I have a SA 425 with only about 70 hours on the clock. I've been moving full bucket loads of 3/4 minus gravel up what I consider a fairly steep driveway section without a problem (he load is nearing the lift capacity of the FEL). That's with a 470 lb box blade on the 3 pt, beet juice rears, 4wd, low gear at maximum of 2500 rpm. No problem! Steep is undefined in your senerio just has "fairly" steep is in mine. Could be a big difference in the two. Hard to know just how steep is realistic to expect any SCUT to climb with or without a load. When using my box blade I can stop the tractor cold if I put too sharp a down tilt angle on the box (not using the rippers) but its only a SCUT. I know someone with the same tractor who advised me to not buy a rear blade because this size tractor won't pull it. He says his tractor is useless for plowing snow with a 60" rear blade. I learned that he was trying to pull 23" of wet snow in high gear on a slightly uphill grade and no additional weights or chains. I think the tractor alone would have trouble driving thru that much snow without a rear blade. It seems to me that its all about the operators expectations - how he tries to use his equipment - and using the right sized tractor for the job IMHO. That said these problems often are related to mechanical troubles so....???

/ Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up #16  
Putting a turbo on an increasing the horsepower will not solve this problem because it's not a horsepower problem.

It's simply the way hydraulic systems are made on every tractor that's why there are multiple ranges.

Even a gear tractor if you have it in too high a range won't pull worth a crap or climb worth a crap. You could double the horsepower and that's not going to change.

These are all things I had to learn from experience and just using multiple tractors over the years.

Everyone has to learn the limitations of their tractors the characteristics of them and how to use them and sometimes it takes a while.

/ Yanmar SA424 - 1.3L 3TNV80F - engine hop up
Feathering the "go" pedal to keep the HST just creeping in low range seems to work.

I saw a thread on Yahoo groups, where the opinion was posted that a turbo on a non-sleeved cylinder Yanmar would result in a short life and egg shaped cylinders balooning at the bottom, and blow-by. Re: FX22D turbocharger capabilities?

My 3tnv80f is apparently non sleeved:
https://originalparts4you.com/section/3tnv80f-snmb/cylinder-block

Just fighting the urge to use the "go" pedal like an accellerator pedal when low gear ratios are needed. I tend to drive it as if the engine speed/power and HST control are reversed when I need more torque at the wheels.

Erbid