Oil & Fuel yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir

/ yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir #1  

swmillbrook

Tractor
Lots of Yanmars
behind the seat on the fx 32 there is a built in tool box. inside that tool box is a plastic bottle with a plastic line attched. it was empty. hoye said it was for power steering and to put hyd./transmission fluid in it.(the part is not in the manual). one person at fredricks said it was for brake fluid, another said it was for power steering and to put hyd./transmission fluid in it. he said an fx32 has wet brakes so it couldn't be for brakes. does anyone know what this resevoir is for? and what to put in it?

/ yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir #2  
Where does the line go?

/ yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir #3  
The FX32 has wet brakes and I am fairly sure that the larger F series tractors have hydraulically operated brakes.
My F215 has a mechanical linkage to activate the wet brakes which can be clearly seen if you look underneath the floor pan on the footbrake side - if you have hydraulic brakes I assume you would be able to see a master cylinder and hydraulic brake lines in this area.

/ yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir #4  
I just read a thread on Yanmar tractors discussion forum where a gentleman had a fx32d and stated the resevoir for the brakes was behind the seat. He also stated he didn't know what fluid went in it.

/ yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir #5  
It is for the brakes. Not sure what goes in there though. I've been told hyd oil but dont know for sure. The power steering reservoir is up by the radiator.

/ yanmar fx32 unidentified resevoir #6  
I've been putting syn brake fluid in mine for 6 years with good results.